It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Superman be real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Of course I'm speaking through the lense of Jungian psychology and specifically archetypes.

Superman and Spiderman would be archetypes.

Superman represents the part of the human psyche that wants to strive for good and "never tell a lie."

We can't reach this level as humans, but a "super" man can. This man would also have to come from another planet because a human being is not capable of "never telling a lie."

Spiderman represents the psyche that has all of t he responsibilities like raising a family, paying bills and sometimes we just want to get away and relax.

Spiderman is the same way. He wants to be a kid but he has to be an adult. Great power, requires great responsibility.

When I asked could Superman be real, I'm not talking about Kalel or Clark Kent.

I'm talking about the archetype qualities.

Could the collective unconscious generate a reality where a being with these archetype qualities comes to an earthlike planet in another dimension or elswhere in our vast universe?

This would mean our conscious experiences actually generates these realities.

So you would actually have a collective unconscious/conscious interface that keeps generating these different realities.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Here's another one, Batman the Dark Knight.

Batman is interesting because he represents what Jung called the shadow.

The shadow is the things you do in private and you don't want people in your outward world to know.

Say a father is dad of the year and well respected in the community. In private he might like to watch adult movies. This is the shadow that he doesn't want people to know about.

In the Batman archetype, the roles are reversed.

The shadowey figure Batman is the hero and Bruce Wayne the outward appearance is the shallow rich guy.

You have to love Jungian psychology.

Wonder Woman is another interesting archetype.

[edit on 3-8-2008 by polomontana]

new topics

join