It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone read Pelosi's book yet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Not too many people have! Ranks 1457 on Amazons Book List.

Amazon is trying to cover for her. Seems like they are deleting negative reviews from their website.

www.moonbattery.com...

Pelosi Book Bombs
Nancy Pelosi has accomplished the virtually impossible: on Amazon.com, where her new book Know Your Power is currently ranked #1,457, she has an average rating of 1 star after 219 customer reviews. There is no 0 star rating. From a typical reader review:

Notice 219 customer reviews.....

www.amazon.com...=dp_db_cm_cr_acr_txt?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

43 Reviews
5 star: (9)
4 star: (2)
3 star: (1)
2 star: (2)
1 star: (29)

Yet only 43 reviews are showing? What happened to the other 175 reviews?

Here is a clue from Amazons feedback section.....

29 of 31 people found the following review helpful:
Disgraceful Censorship by Amazon, August 1, 2008
By Beauregard (USA) - See all my reviews

I took time to review the book. But Amazon purged my review along with some 200 others. It's a waste of time to read - or write - reviews for Amazon because the company manipulates the results. This dishonesty is akin to rigging a poll, or even an election. You can't trust Amazon's star-rating system or the prevailing opinions in the reviews. You can't trust Amazon.

Unbelievable!

[edit on 3-8-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
i really dont want to read anything that sellout whore has to say.
i do however need to get some more toilet paper...hmmmm.

the fact that she got 29 1 star ratings gives me hope in this old world though.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Look like Amazon is continuing the censorship of it's own book reviewing members....look at these latest numbers....

35 Reviews
5 star: (8)
4 star: (1)
3 star: (0)
2 star: (0)
1 star: (26)

They are going backwards!

Amazon customers are not happy with this....

www.amazon.com...=cm_cd_ef_rt_tft_tp?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=03855258 69

C. S. Johnson says:
Amazon is run by a bunch of effete latte-sucking liberals in Seattle who are in the tank for Nancy, and in the tank for her publisher; but mostly they are in the tank for their own profits. Of course, they love Nancy's politics, but more importantly they want to sell millions of copies of her unreadable, self-serving memoir.

So when when Amazon reviewers trash Nancy and her crummy book, Amazon comes to her rescue. Not only did Amazon delete some 200 negative reviews, they also boosted Nancy's star rating from one star to two.

Looks like they even bumped her all the way up to #725 on their bestseller list.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
- That's halarious.

Pelosi's book and "Obama Nation" came out the same day. Obama Nation went to number one while hers tanked bigtime.

Goes to show you people are more interested in finding out the truth than the MSM would have you believe.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
www.drudgereport.com...

The most powerful woman in the history of American politics is suffering a humiliating defeat at the nation's bookstores, sales figures show.

In her first week at market, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi sold just 2,737 copies of her book KNOW YOUR POWER, according to NIELSEN BOOKSCAN.

This is awesome!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'm waiting for the book to show up on Overstock.com for half price or less. I might need some extra paper available to use as toilet paper when things get really tough in the future.

It gives me great pleasure to see her book tank.

Goes to show you people are more interested in finding out the truth than the MSM would have you believe.

jetxnet, I pray you are right.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well...

I have some theories on WHY it is tanking...

Just look who she went around and pandered too... The Daily Show, and others... I mean, are those people the kind to actucly BUY a book and READ!

But that neither here nor there...

The cool thing with books is, the numbers don't lie. Its kinda like sports scores and stock prices... real numbers, sure the Number can be lied about at times, but the people can handle the truth...

I kinda want to get the book now... i mean, imagine, an insight into the mind of a rambling luntic...

I think it would be an insight into the mind of her delusional state... and, when you see it a few years from now in the .99 cent pile... won't you HAVE to buy it then?

...just for the laughs...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I think they just rig the umbers to sell books, that is their business, i think they would rig numbers for rush (not that he would need their help selling books) but they would if they had to to sell books.

they sell books=they make money....duh

top topics

join