It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"John McCain is a racist" - Doug Thompson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Former Capitol Hill chief of staff Doug Thompson recounts his encounters with then Representative John McCain during the 1980's.

This article contains strong language and racial slurs, use your own discretion.

Excerpt:

McCain's so-called sense of humor has no limits when it comes to simple human decency. Shortly after former President Ronald Reagan announced he had Alzheimer's Disease, McCain told this joke at a GOP Fundraiser:

Do you know the best thing about having Alzheimer's?

You get to hide your own Easter eggs.

www.capitolhillblue.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
For those not reading the article, you may want to check out the paragraph underneath this one:

McCain loved to tell jokes about lesbians, blacks, Hispanics and the Vietnamese community that occupied a large section of Arlington County, Virginia, just south of the District of Columbia.

I don't even think I can post it here.
(edit - Is the source reliable? I'm not familiar with this site.)

[edit on 8/2/2008 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
OMG this is so rediculous. Crucify the man for a funny Alzheimers joke.

This is the second thread today titled "John McCain is Racist".

Did Obama's "fight the smears" campaign issue a new order to try and paint John McCain as racist?

The only one race baiting is Obama and his supporters. Give it up, it's not working and just turning people off.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
You can't fault a man for being racist, after all, we are the most violent and racist country in the world.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

You can't fault a man for being racist, after all, we are the most violent and racist country in the world

Yes indeed, and the Obamessiah reminds of that everyday now doesn't he.

Rediculous.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
He would be the first to say he was a racist if it could get him elected.

Unfortunately Americans have such a deep wish for change that they fall into a deep trance when ever a bozo utters the words correctly .

Mccain has too much baggage too little to offer other than bomb bomb Iran
or there will be war lots of wars.

Ron Paul was the real Choice but alas that choice is now not possible

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Well Obama came out and said Iran is a grave threat and would strike if necessary. Granted, it was another one of his 360 degree flip-flops on a major issue, but that is his supposed stance now.

There will probably be more war if Obama is elected. He is arrogant and thinks he knows what's best not only for America but the world! You only have to listen to his New World Order speech in Germany to figure this out.

Russia and China have their own agendas. Obama's New World Order agenda, if elected, would be on a direct collision course for WWIII between the Far East and Far West.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Let's see I have used the N word to some black people, wetback to a Mexican, dyke to some girls, fag to guys, redneck to white people, slant eyes to some asians, and several more insults to other different races. Never have I took this to mean that anyone of these words classified the entire race. Not all Mexicans are wetbacks, not all women are dykes, etc. Many of the times I used these words were in anger and in the act of name calling.

My jokes are even worse. I have joked about every race if the joke was funny. Especially about jokes about my own race. It's amazing how we can criticize McCain but yet laugh at all the same racial jokes and slurs on Comedy Central. I guess it's ok for a song to call somebody a ho or nappy head and we dance to it till the cows come home. Yet let a white person says it and the white person is a racist.

I don't think there is a person alive who hasn't used a racial slur or told a racial joke during there time. Maybe even made a few fat jokes or blonde jokes although maybe not racial sill very insulting. Hell Senator Byrd is an ex KKK member and is beloved by his by his party. You don't honestly think he let go of all his racist views, do you?

Ex-Klansman Robert Byrd, the senior senator from West Virginia, casually used the phrase "white 'n-word'" twice on national TV this weekend. Enraged civil rights groups organized a protest campaign against Sen. Byrd and demanded that he undergo sensitivity training ... not.

source

I am not answering for McCain. He can answer himself why he told them jokes or uses those words. I am arguing that it is hypocritical to condemn somebody for things that are hip on our tv's and radio's.

By the way I am in no way racist. Sometimes anger gets the best of us.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

My jokes are even worse. I have joked about every race if the joke was funny. Especially about jokes about my own race. It's amazing how we can criticize McCain but yet laugh at all the same racial jokes and slurs on Comedy Central. I guess it's ok for a song to call somebody a ho or nappy head and we dance to it till the cows come home. Yet let a white person says it and the white person is a racist.

100% true!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

You can't fault a man for being racist, after all, we are the most violent and racist country in the world

Rediculous.

Excuse you, but that kind of purple "you must be a liberal" prose is most acceptable at the Sean Hannity discussion forums. Go there and have some fun, you will be well-loved...and I will rhyme another time.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

Rediculous.

Excuse you, but that kind of purple "you must be a liberal" prose is most acceptable at the Sean Hannity discussion forums. Go there and have some fun, you will be well-loved...and I will rhyme another time.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Politicians like all those whom serve the public, are held to a higher standard. Yes they are humans, but there some waters they can not tread.

On the other hand, I'll personally believe it when I see or hear it.

What sucks about this election is just about anything McCain can say can easily be turned to a racist notation. Obama is being very tricky and dirty. He started this entire thing by playing the race card, knowing he would get a response.

Whats funny though, is a majority of america is sick of this race card mumbo jumbo. Its going to backfire big time. Give it a lil time and you will see.

top topics

join