It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS ads hampering site performance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I have a dual-core 2.3 Ghz processor with no virus scanner running or any other additional unnecessary services, yet the ATS site lately takes forever to load a page completely. It will load everything initially fine but keeps hanging and waiting to finish loading ad scripts etc. from fastclick.net and other sources.

It's happening on multiple machines that otherwise fast in other heavy-traffic sites.

ATS is an awesome site, keep up the great work!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Hello there jetxnet. I've noticed the same. The browser is waiting on the ad server. ATS content loads quickly but those external elements incur the overall delay.

It is a shame.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I run Firefox on a Mac, and I am getting messages that say something like "The flash script on this page is causing it to be unresponsive" and I have to cancel the script. Luckily I can do that, otherwise I think some ATS pages would freeze up on me.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Since this thread is here, may I also make the suggestion that the 'wrapper' images, such as:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Be made into three separate images, and not one large 1384x692 jpg? They cause the pages to scroll very slowly (especially with the 'repositioning' script I think they use).

No big deal, but I have a slow computer.

top topics

join