It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunted HotSpots near you (revisited)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Every place has haunted spots. This is a map of ones that can be found in America

carpenoctem.tv...

Any ones in your state that you recognize? Im from Idaho and when I clicked on it, I saw some places I recognize. Ive been to Canyon Hill Cemetery in Caldwell ID, and seen some odd things...

[edit on 12-6-2004 by JustAnIllusion]

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
WHAT?

no montauk, New Jersey?

booooo this guy neds to update his website. not even a mention of Ft. meade maryland... sheesh

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Bummer...Florida has nuttin

We don't need no stinkin hotspots!

It's gonna be hot enough soon

[Edited on 14-3-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Not exactly an answer to the post, but I have noticed that some graveyards are active while others are not. It isn't the age that makes the difference (we have many close by that are from the 17 and 18 hundreds that are quiet, yet some only 100's of years old that are active. Wonder why.
I intend to find out once I get a little alone time.
LOL! Ya right, alone time.
AngelaLadyS

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Chicago is my favorite haunted place. if anybody lives near there you should check it out. Ursula Bieleski (excuse my spelling) and her husband run a ghost tour and it is well worth the small fee.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Great link.
Pretty accurate. I thought it would only have the major ones like the Winchester Mystery House,and other well known haunted areas.
The Mount Maddona(Gilroy) area has been a local legend,most people are not aware of it.
The same with the hotel/theater in Colombia.

Here is the CA link...if anybody cares.

carpenoctem.tv...

[Edited on 3/19/2004 by nyeff]

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Yes, I'm from Chicago. Check out Ressurection Mary, the area's most famous ghost!!!

Ressurection mary

Not to mention the Ghost Monks up the street from me in Willow Springs, on Archer Avenue. Archer Ave. is an old Indian trail, located between the Des Plaines River and two canals. St. James Cemetary is also located here, with numerous ghost sightings. People connect the paranormal activity with the proximity to the river and canals, and the fact the old Indian trail is there.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
What is the name of that cemetery where there is that statue of death that supposedly shows you how you die if you stare at it. and that statue of the girl with the umbrella that kept moving.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
boondock, are you referring to this?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Graceland and Evergreen Cemeteries: Chicago, Illinois

Haunted by a lot of different spirits, these two cemeteries are active throughout the year. From a hitchhiking brunette phantom to a weeping, moving statue, including a unexplained figure of a lady said to have died in 1880, walks among the tombstones in Graceland
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats all I could find on haunted statues.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Texas has quite a few. Here are some more links on haunted places:

theshadowlands.net...

this link lists all states and counties

www.theshadowlands.net...

[edit on 13-6-2004 by ms_Bhavn]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
Not exactly an answer to the post, but I have noticed that some graveyards are active while others are not. It isn't the age that makes the difference (we have many close by that are from the 17 and 18 hundreds that are quiet, yet some only 100's of years old that are active. Wonder why.
I intend to find out once I get a little alone time.
LOL! Ya right, alone time.
AngelaLadyS

Maybe the older ones are quiet because all the Ghosts have finally moved on to the Great Beyond. Maybe they served their purpose and were able to move on. Since they have had a lot more time to try and move on. While those younger ones are still active because they spirits and ghosts have not had time to fullfill their purpose and move on. You never know?

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
"Indianapolis - Hanna House - it was built by Alexander Moore Hanna he helped with the Underground Railroad. One night one of the oil lamps fell in the basement where the slaves were the house caught fire and burnt all the slaves. The house was restored almost immediately. that�s why it was just recently discovered that this happened. It is said that there are cold chills doors open and close with no help and in one of the upstairs rooms smells of death. strange noises, smells and apparitions are observed here. "

This is right down the street from me. I live on a side street that connects Hanna. They used to have a haunted house there at Halloween which was an interesting concept. The lines to get in were HUGE. For whatever reason they didn't do it this past year. Twisted don't you think? A haunted haunted house :-)

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
What? There's nothing for PA! Oh well, that's not a surprise- nothing ever happens here. Although, my church is supposedly haunted by a monk.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I live near Fremantle, Western Australia... the old prison there is suppose to be pretty active... the night tours are hell scary! LOL! ROFL! I was such a dweeby 12yo!!

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Maine is loaded with haunted places!
The Boothbay Opera House...
The Kennebunk Inn...
The McClellan/Sweat House (There are diary refrences of a spirit there since 1825)
I could go on and on.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
hey im from the highlands of Scotland this place is packed with ghosts, really i have seen a couple in the last couple of months. Scotland has got so much history that near enough every ghost has a story behind it.

new topics

top topics

join