It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groundbreaking Invention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I did not see this listed. This is a breakthrough!_javascript:icon('
')

Thushara, a 25-year-old from Athurugiriya, is the inventor of what could be a ground-breaking technology of powering a car by water, using an extremely low amount of electricity.

www.dailynews.lk...

peswiki.com...:Water_Fueled_Car_-_Sri_Lanka

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Wow, I hope his invention and his government are able to push this into the mainstream. What really caught my eye was this quote.

“A number of foreign companies from the United States, Australia and Korea approached me to buy the technology behind this invention. But, I have decided to put my creation to use in way that helps the development of my country,” Thushara said.

Wonder what would have happened if we had bought the rights. I would like to know what kind of "approach" the US used.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
And he is only a few years behind the Japanese.

Either way competition is GREAT! I cant wait to buy a water car.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This technology is old! Been a lot about it on the internet the past 7 years.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It would be interesting to see if any of these developing countries can pull this off and actually market it there. When I hear about other countries such as the US offering to buy this guy off, it sounds more like the old stories of other past shelved inventions. Saudi Arabia is another one who supposedly buys these up. The air car also seems promising even though it's not a conversion technology. I wonder if this device will ever show up in the US? There was also some similar device in Japan. Don't patents run out after so many years?

new topics

top topics

join