It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeti Hair Of UNKNOWN SPECIES

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ok this got posted a couple of days ago in the thread called "Yeti Hair, Possible Proof" ... but I don't think this got enough exposure as only i have replied to it. So here it is ....

link

Bigfoot: New evidence

Hairs found in Indian jungle are of 'no known species' say scientists

By Geoffrey Lean, Environment Editor
Sunday, 27 July 2008

It is right up there with the Loch Ness monster: the subject of claimed sightings, passionately promoted by believers, dismissed by the scientific community. But now experts say they have found the best evidence to date that the yeti might – just conceivably – be real.

Tests at Oxford Brookes University on hairs which local people believe came from a yeti in an Indian jungle have failed to link them with any known species and are said to bear "a startling resemblance" to those brought back from the Himalayas by Sir Edmund Hillary half a century ago

Is this the best possible proof yet? Cannot wait for them to fully conclude all of their testing.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm always optimistic for the possibility of the reality of bigfoot.
But nowhere in the article does it state for sure that these are from a primate.
It could be from any unknown animal.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed though.
And an eye on this one.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Oh most definately, the testing is still to come on which animal group the hairs belong to. But if im correct these are the hairs, collected by the Indian farmer that saw the so called Yeti three days straight, eating Sap from trees.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Its in a jungle, A new species maybe? It is Possible.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Well its definately an undiscovered species of something, what it is, who knows? But, the fact that these hairs were found where the farmer had reported seeing the Yeti, three days running, it does give hope to the fact that there is at least one Yeti out there.

I was thinking about this the other day, theres alot of sightings all around the world, from Canada to Malaysia, so i mean, how many of these Bigfoots/Yetis/Sasquatch etc are there? There could be hundreds all over the world and never ever captured! It's astonishing really.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
The BBC are covering this story, whereas the Bigfoot story is fairly quiet in the UK.
I think the british press are reserving judgement until further evidence is available.
Although this isn't a body to test, the Yeti hair seems to be exciting the scientists.

news.bbc.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join