It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misleading Photo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It's supposed to be a heat shield for the orion spacecraft. It does look like a UFO though. Why would they create a heat shield if they don't even have the rocket made yet?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwiftFootedAchilles
It's supposed to be a heat shield for the orion spacecraft. It does look like a UFO though. Why would they create a heat shield if they don't even have the rocket made yet?

well kinda like Johnny Cash sang about, " I did it one piece at a time"

and if it was UFO, it seems to look man made, which could inturn mean we have that technology

have you seen other pics of rocket heat shields? or just jumping the gun on this one?

looks to small to be a UFO, atleast for human passengers?

average height of woman is about 5'6 and she looks a bit too big to ride in it comfortably

www.spacex.com...

[edit on 31-7-2008 by MurderCityDevil]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I think we do have that technology. Its just extremely classified for military purposes. Probably maybe a lay down version for one person. Whatever. It just shocked me when i first looked at it.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Why would they not build the heat shield first?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I think we do have that technology. Its just extremely classified for military purposes. Probably maybe a lay down version for one person. Whatever. It just shocked me when i first looked at it.

a lay down version?

and what would that one person be doing, while in flight collecting data?
or just flying? taking in the countryside?

seems to me if they were gonna build UFO, theyd be alot bigger and ultra stealth to collects tons of info and or for warfare

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Well they need to make sure it works they are probably going to throw some Styrofoam at it to see if the shield can handle it.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Would the real heat shield please stand up...

That man is a giant....

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Are you actually serious?

Think the heatshield is one of the most important parts of the craft. And this is only a demo unit for testing purposes.

This looks like a UFO also. Must be a conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
it looks like a flying saucer but i dont think it is. im sure its truely a heat shield for now. the only way it could be a flying vehicle is if the pilots and crew had to lay down with their heads pointing to the middle, but man that would kill someone im sure, like that ride the GRAVITRON at the state fair.

[edit on 7/31/2008 by LordThumbs]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
haha. Funny responses. Probably just a prototype to put in the wind tunnel. And Yes, why would they build they heat shield first. It's the number 1 thing that has to be looked after because a small crack will destroy the shield. So the longer they have it, the better chance it will be broken.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Everybody always assumes that every "UFO" thats seen has to be manned.
I get a laugh out of the skeptics when they say, "its to small to have anything(one) on it.
And even funnier when the believers say, "wow the things piloting that craft must be tiny.
I would guess that most of the UFO's that are seen and everything else has been ruled out, are probably drones.
Could be that this is a drone and a heat shield, takes off from earth, with some
hi-tech electro-magnetic drives flies to wherever, lets say the moon and re-enters earths atmosphere, without burning up..

My point is though, dont assume every UFO is manned, we send out drones/robots, dont you think an advanced race would to?

top topics

join