It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Location specific mood changes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Recently while going on vacation, I noticed that when we drove through a particular area (both on the way there and back), everyone's mood in the car became more negative and confrontational. For a while I was silently dealing with some powerful negative thoughts (which is rare for me) while others in the car argued amongst themselves.

Thinking about this made me remember a similar experience as a child in one of my old homes. There was this one room where I'd feel the tendency to become agitated for no particular reason. It felt as if there were hundreds of little voices trying to bring me down.

What could it be? I've considered ley lines, emotional echoes... maybe something to do with the magnetic field in certain areas. I would chalk it off to coincidence if it weren't for the consistency.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I do know that certain EM frequencies have been shown to affect mood in that way. There are many situations in which this occurs and the individuals involved believe they are being watched, followed, posessed and spoken to via their thoughts/emotions. Most cases I have heard of involving this sort of situation is indoors though, and never in a vehicle.

My guess would be either electromagnetic fields of some kind, which to me seems unlikely but is certainly possible. What's the location? Try googling it see if anyone else mentions it.

Could also be a case of bad moods
There have been many times in which if the conditions are right (close quarters, lack of sleep/food, etc) I find myself, adn those around me getting agitated. In fact, it is happening in my work training course right now! Has the past few days. Normally when I come in here the atmosphere is great. Hell, we're off the phones and training, sweet! But this course has been very agitating for everyone involved, and we're close to jumping down eachother's throats.

My guess is that the course starts at 7 am

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

I can only comment on some threads I read on here seriously make me want to go postal. Usually the the threads that are pure BS.

Seriously, back 20+ years ago friends and I were big fans of Knotts Scary Farm while doing, hmmm, the right word, I am searching, Lucy in the sky with diamonds. (sorry mods).

In any case, I always found tranquility around the sound(s) of water and the presence of water. Perhaps that is the reason I always fish and given enough time, will seek water for a camp site even if having to traverse another 10 miles of mountain to get there.

On the reverse side, while inside some of the exhibits, it was always a feeling of suffocation when people were to close or even in the pinch of walls in a ride or exhibit.

Sometimes the location just picks you. YMMV.

Take care,

join