It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are diamonds used in Dowsing pendulums

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
are

Are diamonds used in Dowsing pendulums

which is the most responsive and accurate pendulum s

could anyone help me out on this ...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Well I don't know how much those pendulums go for, but I'm betting diamonds are too expensive to be used in them.

Not sure, but I assume if you look at the prices it shouldn't be enough to have diamond anywhere near it.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This site:
www.pendulums.com...
talks of a diamond SHAPED pendulum.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

It doesn't really matter that much what a pendulum is made out of - it isn't the tool that makes the difference, it's the person using it. Different people find that they have an affinity with particular materials and get a better response from them but they usually find this through either practice or maybe they feel drawn to use a particular material, I don't think it really makes all that much difference though - a good dowser should be able to dowse with pretty much anything.

The key isn't really what your pendulum is made out of, it's how much practice and experiment you put into it. There are plenty of dowsers who use dowsing rods that they've fashioned in the classic, time-honoured manner, out of an old metal-wire coathanger - and they work just fine, I've used them myself & they give a good response.

I've heard of plumbers looking for water pipes get an old plumbline out of their toolbox and use that.

Traditionally, when dowsing for answers to questions, folk would often take their wedding ring, tie it to a bit of cotton, and use that.

You could buy the most expensive pendulum in the world made out of the rarest material imaginable, but like as not, it won't improve your skill one jot - that can only be done with practice. There is a percentage of people who don't seem to be able to dowse no matter what, I suppose it's kinda like some people just can't be hypnotised, they just haven't got it, but most people have some level of ability - and it is really only practice that can hone that skill.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
True you could use anything but just as you can get to from point A to point B with any car, there is certainly a difference in the type of car you drive. Perhaps the Diamond Pendulum is the most responsive although I know that the Diamond Pendulum, its name is derived from its diamond-like shape.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I think the previous poster has it right. I seen a couple pipefitters with some dowsing rods one time. I thought they were just fooling around but, they said they were looking for a water line and told me to try it by a running water fountain at first. Well, it worked on the fountain and a lot of other things after that and the 'rods' were just two bent welding rods.

top topics

join