It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My tinWiki Additions - The Complete List

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I just started editing tinWiki the other day, and so far I've got three articles posted. Here they are:

The Bell Witch

Jim Marrs

Let me know what you guys think.

As always, I am completely open to suggestions and tips for my work. By all means....criticize away!

I'll be adding to this list every time I create a new page, so stay tuned.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This is a great thing to do. I made my thread a while back -- got over 6 pages now
This is a great thing to do if you are committed.

Those articles are great -- I did some edits to their general format. Take a look and learn

Fox

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Great!

Just a quick question here, and perhaps I gave up looking through the help section too quickly, but how do you do the table of contents like you did on my 666 page?

I'm sure I could have found out myself, but I quit looking rather quickly.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Haha that confused me as well, took me ages to work it out. To put it simply you don't !
Its automatic, when ever 4, maybe 5, sections are created it makes the table. The sections are like....

==Section Name Here== and so on, you'll see what i did on your 666 page.

Fox

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Ahhh...so that's how you use those equal signs!

I read that part in the help section, but I was still under the impression you had to create the table yourself. Wonderful.

Thanks a lot Fox, you've been a huge help!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Always happy to help
if you are ever stuck with TinWiki post your question up here or send me a U2U.

Fox

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
nyk537,

A policy topic that comes up now and then here is use of Wikipedia material. Unlike most other websites, it is of course legal to use Wikipedia material if the source is given, because of the publishing license used in that website. But it is still considered that pasting should generally be avoided in tinWiki articles.

The Bell Witch article seems to comply very well with this policy, but the other two articles would have to be reworked a bit. What is your view on the pasting policy in general, however?

Optimist

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well, I'm trying to work on some of these stubs now.

I found a little more information on Martin Noakes that I added, but it's still not enough to get it out of stub status. There just doesn't seem to be anything else on this guy.

I'll keep working though.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Optimist

I will avoid this from now on. I usually don't agree with that either, but I was just trying to get a feel for editing on tinWiki and get some pages up.

I will edit those pages to erase this issue and it will not be a problem again.

Thanks for pointing this out to me, I do appreciate it.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Got a new page up today!

Altimar

Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
One more added today!

Flatwoods Monster

Booyah!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Excellent work nyk537! You have gotten a really good grasp of tinWiki rather quickly. I am giving you 20,000 pts. for your three entries: Flatwoods, Altimar and the Bell Witch. Nice job!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Thanks WOS!

I appreciate your kind words about this.

I'm trying really hard to make a contribution to tinWiki. I wish I would have gotten involved a lot sooner. I think it's a great resource for everyone and am more than happy to help grow it.

I'll keep doing my best!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
I am giving you 20,000 pts. for your three entries: Flatwoods, Altimar and the Bell Witch. Nice job!

Now no one can say that you don't get good points for TinWiki
Nice work Nyk537, keep it up man/woman

Fox

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
New page up today!

Bug-Out Bag

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
A very good addition. I do think that this article definitely belongs on tinWiki, but I am uncertain about the category. I think this 72 hour survival kit would be used if there was a major terrorist act, but it isn't the only reason one would use it. For example if a volcano erupted, that isn't terrorism. Perhaps we should consider adding survivalism as a category, as that seems to be a fairly popular topic here on ATS.?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I was thinking the same thing. I knew that wasn't the right category for that but I couldn't find anything else that really fit.

I think that is a great idea though. I could definitely fill it up with a few more pages.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I just created the Survival category for TinWiki and bug bag is in it. I see that since you've got your ATS points from TinWiki your over 100K, Kudos.

Fox

[edit on 7-8-2008 by ProTo Fire Fox]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Thanks Fox, and thanks for getting that new category up.

I'm gonna try and fill it up with a few more pages over the next week or so. Looking forward to it.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
New article up this morning.

Thunderbird

I've still got some work to do on it, and I can't add the links for ATS because search is down right now.

I'll be finishing it up later on today though. I just wanted to go ahead and get it posted.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join