It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I leave the country?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
yeah their economy will probably be better than ours anyway.

But id go find some school in asia instead. Much more fun in a real foreign land with loads of incredibly sexy asians to hit the skins with....lol

just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Take my advice, go and enjoy yourself. When you come back, you will have just realized something important. A different point of view.
I hope for your sake gas prices don't go down. The main reason is that we buy a lot of foreign oil, it will be good in the long run if oil stays above $120 until the United States gets a Manhattan Style project for energy independence. If oil drops below to about $50 a barrel before such a project, then all the investments made into alternative technology goes down the drain, and we are right back in the pit and vunerable to another energy crisis. During the 70's many people started to invest in alternative technologies, but once gas prices came down, well those technologies went down the drain as did gas prices.
As for the threat of a Tsunami hitting the East Coast. Since no-one want to prevent it, just live on the west coast or in the Applachian Mountains. It might be caused by a extinct Volcano in the Azories. The Simple solution is CAT machines tearing down the mountain and putting all that extra material from the mountain into the Atlantic Ocean. Then America won't have to worry about the Tsunami unless something like Tungusta happens over the Atlantic.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I would definitely go if I were you. I had the opportunity to sign up for a foreign exchange student program in high school but didn't do it. I can honestly say that I regret signing up for the program and missing out on the chance to see a new country and experience a new culture.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Ok,

Are people really posting theories in this thread?

Jesus Christ. You're a kid. Go and have fun. Period.

No if's, and's, or but's about it. FORGET your reasons. Just go do it. You will NOT regret it. You have the rest of your life to grow older and more cynical. But no matter what, you will ALWAYS look back at when you were younger and wonder why you weren't...well, more "younger".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join