It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Martial law comes I'm in trouble and I need some adivce...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Okay where i lived at I live in a city population over 100,000 people and I live not in the center but not to far from the end. Anyways If martial law is put in place

Does anybody know what martial law is Like ?

Is the time amrtial law is declared give you enough time to make it to the country.
If I walked it might take me an hour or two to get to the forest.

Basically what is martial law like ?

I have a plan but, not willing to reveal it one ATS...I know it's one that can keep me safe but, I need to get out of the city and I'm scared that I might not be able to get out because I might run acroos military soldiers and them might kill me...Avaoiding a main road is possibly but, traveling through a neighbor hood road is near impossibly. I got this gonig through my mind that ON Ever street theres going to be a soidier not just soldiers watching a certain street never with their backs turned.

ANybody Give me some help i'm at a loss by the time or if martial law is put in place I wonder if i'll have time to escape ?
WHile everybody else will be rushing to the store I'll be trying to escape and i worry about my family...

STOP TELLING ME WHAT MARTIAL LAW IS I KNOW WHAT IT IS I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE!!!!!

[edit on 29-7-2008 by Ggurl777]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
"Martial law" just really means military executive rule. There really isn't such a term, it's more "emergency powers." What's it like? Well, basically your freedoms go away. It doesn't mean that anything will happen to you at all, it just means that you lose some protections, usually for a short period of time.

Basically it's less one event and more powers that can be invoked by the President and the military if there's an emergency and the current forces in place can't handle it. It can be as good or bad as you can imagine.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Marshal law is the Govt suspending Habeas corpus
YOU are under Marshal law now in America

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
If you want an idea how martial law would be implemented on a day-to-day basis, look at Iraq. That should give you a pretty good idea how the military would secure the country.

Just hope you aren't accidentally or intentionally deemed a "terrorist."

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Being in the military, I can honestly say you probably don't have much to worry about. In order for the US to enact martial law, something extremely catastrophic would have to take place. I'm talking like nukes detonating in major cities across the US - or - a superbug infecting most of the population. Things like that. Some would like to believe it could be brought upon the country at the drop of a hat. This is not the case.

If martial law did go into effect, you would start seeing controlled access points to different areas of the US where there were none. The military would augment the police forces, curfews would go into effect, things of that nature.

There would be no "uber top secret hush hush list" of who would be deemed a "possible terrorist" - a state of martial law would be specifically to maintain order in times of a major crisis.

If, for some reason the US did go into martial law, my advice to you would be to go about your normal daily life and just be sure to obey any new city laws that go into effect. Your military is not your enemy, trust me - we are thinking people just like you - if someone were to try to use a state of 'martial law' for something corrupt, believe me - we're here for YOUR protection.

Don't worry about it.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by mf_luder]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

That's what the police in the 1950's said especially when they were sicking the dogs on the people.

I really would like to believe that either your extremely brainwashed or your pushing the same crap as those people.

I feel like i need to protect myself from the police more than rapist pedophiles, murdersd etc. BEcause I can use my second amendment right on them not the POPO FOOL...

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Hmmm, some paranoia here i see.

A lot would depend on WHY Martial Law was declared. I have written the following to apply to any country.

If it is because of a Biochemical Outbreak/Attack, then by leaving a cordoned off town/city/area makes the problem far worse by spreading the virus and it would be quite possible that you would endanger your own life as well - If the PTB thought you were a 'carrier' you would probably be stopped at all costs and quite justifiably so imo. To run when there is a biological outbreak in my opinion is a selfish act on the persons part - you would be making the problem worse.

If Martial Law is declared because of a National Emergency due to a disaster, then you are better off by following the authoritys advice as its likely to be short-lived and you will soon be able to return to normal life.

If Martial Law is declared by an invasion force, then things become totally different. Depending on your point of view, you could stay where you are and hope that things will return to normal or you could leave the area and go 'underground'. Remember the 'underground' option then makes you a target/hunted and you will have to run for ever looking over your shoulder.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
What is marshal law like?

Well after whatever happens "Happens" and marshal law is declared I imagine it would be something like this:

Curfews are declared. Those that break curfew get shot. Those that avoid patrols get seen by space satellite and patrols are notified to go to said area and shot you.

Zones of order are established. Those that attempt to leave said zones get shot.
Those that avoid getting shot get chased until shot.

You give up all you possessions and do as you are told. Those that refuse and disobey get shot.

Your best bet is to leave the city while you still can. Those in the country will be alot harder to round up and shot as opposed to those in the city.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
In case you doubt me

wikipedia
"martial law imposes particular rules, one of which is curfew. Often, under this system, the administration of justice is left to a military tribunal, called a court-martial. The suspension of the writ of habeas corpus is likely to occur."

Once Habeas Corpus is gone you are under Marshal law
you can be taken on the say so of your accusers and sent to Gitmo now today

The Police today Already know this they have been issued military equipment
because what is likely coming is so big they know people will riot and march in the streets.
they have been compiling data bases on all of you 1 million names on a terrorist list already and growing
this is so they can round up trouble makers and people likely to be leaders of protests prior to the event thats coming.

I am not privy to what that event will be but it will be big
the police have military grade equipment now
my advice is to buy some extra canned foods or freeze dried foods
plan your escape routes to evacuate major cities

I was told that the Canadian PM ask Bush what about the people trying to escape into Canada illegally bush replied shoot them. !!! if this is true then
it also confirms the magnitude of events about to unfold.

add up it all up
1 ) loss of Habeas Corpus
2 ) Police all across America issued military grade equipment
3 ) Home land Security and fema recently formed
4 ) Concentration camps all across America with capacity in excess of 10 million people and a company standing by to build more if need be
5 ) Marines making check points in various area of america
6 ) more than just talk of NAU or SPP actual plans drawn up
7 ) NAOMI Wolf the ten steps used to install fascism all in America today
8 ) Economy teetering on the brink
9 )a President above the law
10 ) international Red Cross tribunal charges America with breaking the covenant of Nations the Geneva conventions with Torture sanctioned by the President.

these are just some of the very very serious events that have unfolded in America lately

is America a tinder box ready to explode or everything normal nothing is different

you decide !

Oh and you all saw the pictures of the torture going on of prisoners didn't you
know this you would of seen none of it if the Army chose not to let you see it
they wanted everyone to see it
I submit that they wanted people to see it because they wanted you in terror

What is coming is big perhaps an attack on china Certainly the NAU

I seriously doubt you can get anywhere on foot when the SHTF
they can see you no matter where you go night or day

what you can do now is gather supplies do not wait until its to late
buy freeze dried food batteries flash lights a radio and radiation pills if you can
once the SHTF
My advice is to remain calm stay in your house since you live in a small city
and do not look out the window or venture outside.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by solo1]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I would ask in the future if you ask blindly for people to give you advice to not insult them after they do so.

If I was 'brainwashed' I wouldn't spend hours out of the day reading through these forums and posting about topics. I would like to be able to offer an inside view of what the "big bad military" is really like. I think the youth of America see us as one thing and judging by your reaction, I would have to guess you probably don't know anyone in the military. I'm not brainwashed, and I'm not here to 'promote an agenda'. I'm here to offer advice. That's all.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
I would ask in the future if you ask blindly for people to give you advice to not insult them after they do so.

If I was 'brainwashed' I wouldn't spend hours out of the day reading through these forums and posting about topics. I would like to be able to offer an inside view of what the "big bad military" is really like. I think the youth of America see us as one thing and judging by your reaction, I would have to guess you probably don't know anyone in the military. I'm not brainwashed, and I'm not here to 'promote an agenda'. I'm here to offer advice. That's all.

Some people seem to forget that people in the Military have families as well and would be just as worried for them as anyone else would be. I would be more worried about the Police than the Military in a Martial Law scenario.

I dont know how the US Military works but here in the UK the Military is above politics and are more beholden to the Queen than to Parliment, even though it is Parliment that utilises the Military. I would like to hope and think that the British Military would never turn on its people.

I know that when I was in the Royal Navy, we didnt give a 'monkeys toss' for the politicians but when we had Royal Visits it was a different 'kettle of fish'. The Monarchy love their troops, Parliment just uses and abuses them.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Watch WW2 films for a general idea, then watch Soylent Green. Other good films are Where Eagles Dare and Battle of the Bulge.

"Papers please" or something similar may be a common phrase heard. There will be checkpoints in many places and if you don't have the papers saying you have a right to be there, they will threaten you and say to stay back and don't attempt to cross the line. If you do, they may open fire.

Don't forget curfews. V for Vendetta has some other good examples. Orwell's 1984 also.

Food will be scarce, people will fight, cheat and steal. There will be food "dealers" who will be able to sneak luxury items in, and if you don't have enough of whatever is desired to trade, then you go without.

The films listed above will give a general idea in the form of fiction what you might encounter. Checkpoints, hoarded food and item traders, and crowd control.

Only now, there is more advanced technology. They have "crowd buster" weapons. Directed energy weapons. They don't have to be near you to fire a Taser, for they have Tasers in the form of shotgun pellets now.

They may also require everyone under control to have implants, so they can track them. Yet more movie references for implants, just to give you visual examples of what might occur.

Johnny Mnemonic
Impostor

Also check out Children of Men. Kind of a lame movie, until you get to the 2nd half. A huge prison/refugee camp that eventually gets blown up. See people get pushed through the entrance area. Some are beaten, others are stripped.

top topics

join