It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what are these things on the light posts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

I have noticed these antenna, dishes, and "silos" popping up on random street lights all over the area. They are not just on intersections and most of them are on relatively quiet medium & small sided residential surface streets in between intersections. So what are they?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

I think that those are microwave transmiters for various purposes. Law enforcement,mass transit(busses). They are used for voice transmission as well as data.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
looks like somesort of wifi wireless terminal to me. they have those for outdoor areas in some places.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Exactly, very similar to wifi technology. Just did a little research and found that they also are used to transmit CCTV signals for security 'crime stopper' cameras.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
That's kind of interesting seeing how some of these aren't close to schools or even "bad" neighborhoods, they're literally just everywhere. If they are wi-fi transmitters, I can't imagine for who because there are no county or state sponsored hot spots in this area. Some of the "dish" looking ones are obviously pointed in certain direction too. Like into a parking lot, or into a group of buildings etc.

new topics

top topics

join