It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Will Issue a Mass Pardon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Before leaving office George W. Bush will issue a mass pardon, the largest collection of presidential pardons in American history. Bush will pardon himself, Vice President Cheney, and a long list of officials involved in torture, eavesdropping, destruction of evidence, the CIA leak case and a range of potential crimes.

As George Bush signs the pardons and boards the helicopter to depart Washington as his presidency finally ends, even then, he and those pardoned will worry about the statute of limitations.

There is an important point to this, often not recognized in official Washington during the Bush years, where the unthinkable becomes a way of life, and acts have been done that have never been done by an American president or administration.

www.smirkingchimp.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every new Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 7/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
We knew this was comming.I'm happy for people that think it won't work however I look at other things and wonder.Thier is no two party system anymore just the corporate party.Bush commits the crime Pelosi protects him.
The latest fisa bill that Pelosi rammed through the house is unconstitutional.
Obama voted yes for it.Where is the judicial branch saying no.The constitution means nothing anymore and we have a government run by the corporations.
So what I see is if the corporations decide to throw Bush under the bus the pardons won't hold but if they don't he and his cronies will walk and after all hasn't he made lots of money for them?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Im sorry, but maybe i dont quite understand the whole legal system but... Why would he pardon himself, wouldnt that basically be admitting he did all these so called crimes you talk about? I dont buy it at all.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
And you know this how?

Apparently I missed your sources of information in that opening post. So you'll pardon me (sorry couldn't help it) if I'm a bit skeptical?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I, like many others here,am not well versed in the rule of law... however, I thought that a "pardon" was issued those one who had been tried and convicted of a crime. This "blanket pardon" concept would then apply to future transgressions?? I want me one of THEM!

I do not think it will happen quite the way you envision.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

He doesn't really need a source as the presidential pardons are a choice that every president have before leaving the presidential seat.

He can not pardon himself but with this president we can expect anything.

It will be interesting to see who indeed will be in the long list of criminals to be pardon.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Got a more credible source for this "news"?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CO Vet
Got a more credible source for this "news"?

of course they dont have a better source for this news they took their article from smirkingchimp wtf lmao i cant take anything seriously that comes from a smirkingchimp its all just poo flinging

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that George W. Bush will do what Bill Clinton did and pardon a bunch of felons.

I expect that he will pardon the two border agents that were convicted for shooting a Mexican drug trafficker in the ass. Perhaps he could replace them with the District attorney that prosecuted them.

As far as George W. Bush and Dick Chaney; they are patriots unlike who the Democrats have nominated in the 2008 presidential election. Give history time to sort it all out.
www.readwhatisee.com

new topics

top topics

join