It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New report on Russian bombers in Venezuela and Algeria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Report which i found under breaking new but i dont have a login to read the source.Ill post the info i found and you be the judge.

Russia Defense Watch: Tu-160 threat rises
UPI - Jul 28 3:32 PM

By MARTIN SIEFFWASHINGTON, July 28 (UPI) -- Russian policymakers Thursday boosted their threat to deploy supersonic Tupolev Tu-160 "White Swan" -- NATO designation Blackjack -- nuclear bombers in Cuba to say they might put them in Venezuela and Algeria, too.

Anyone who's a member to this site who could posted this would be awesome.

www.upi.com...

Its dated today so you got me.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
honestly good job russia. what is the difference compared to any FOB that we have. All they want to do is staion bombers there don't we do the same thing in Gaum?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Here you go Man

WASHINGTON, July 28 (UPI) -- Russian policymakers Thursday boosted their threat to deploy supersonic Tupolev Tu-160 "White Swan" -- NATO designation Blackjack -- nuclear bombers in Cuba to say they might put them in Venezuela and Algeria, too.

Like the original threat, floated July 21, to deploy the Blackjacks in Cuba, this one was reported Thursday in the Moscow newspaper Izvestia and also was attributed to unidentified sources in the Russian Defense Ministry.

The day after the first Izvestia report ran, U.S. Air Force Gen. Norton Schwartz, at his confirmation hearing to be the next USAF chief of staff on July 22 before the U.S. Senate Armed Services Committee, solemnly warned that sending the super-bombers to operate out of Cuba would be crossing "a red line in the sand."

Izvestia Thursday said Russian air force strategic bomber crews had already traveled to Cuba and that they had studied the location of a possible air base where their heavy aircraft could land to take on fuel.

RIA Novosti said the Tu-160 Blackjacks and the Tu-95MS Bears recently had been upgraded and equipped with new X-555 cruise missiles that had an operational striking radius or range of more than 2,200 miles, so they would not have to fly over U.S. territory or even be based provocatively too near the U.S. homeland to have the near 24/7 capability of hitting U.S. cities with their missiles from a safe distance.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Thanks....seems they made it seem like NEW news when it was old news.I appreciate the effort guy.

top topics

join