It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What book(s) would you Ban?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
If you could ban any book(s) you wanted to which book(s) would you ban. You can explain why as well if you like, but that is not necessary to reply, just the book's title(s) and author(s).

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I would never ban any book. Censorship is wrong. If you don't like or agree with a book, don't read it. Simple, no?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I cant think of a single book that should be banned. I'd love to hear someone's reasoning to the contrary.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Why would you ban a book? Some might say if its something with lots of rape, murder, langauge, genocide, like the Bible. But even then why ban it?

Now some argue that say, in a school certain books need to be banned. But still why? If you don't want your kid to read it, don't let them read it! Same with movies, tv, and games. If you don't want your kid to read/watch/play it don't let them!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
So, you think banning a book from all people is wrong but banning books from people selectively is not?

If you tell your children that they are banned from reading certain books aren't they more likely to seek them out?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well, I heard that GW Bush is building a library to commemorate his splendor. Rumor has it that they are going to employ writers as books that cast his presidency in a good light are hard to come by. I personally think a pamphlet would more than cover the bright spots.
If any books should be banned, I'd say that type would be at the top of my list. History is written by the winners but, that's going a little far.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I personally love books. I spend so much money on books - its pretty ridiculous how much money I spend on books.

I would never wish to ban any books. If the subject matter is questionable - it is not for me to decide what is right or wrong for others to read. That choice - is for the reader to decide, not for me.

I am highly against censorship - and believe that the choice is up to the reader.

- Carrot

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
clearly, anyone by woddy alen
he is crazy... with completly nonsence Argue :bash:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

I'm not saying ban books. I'm saying if you don't want your kids exposed to say, Harry Potter, don't let them read it. But don't cry about how you want the book banned for everyone because you don't like it.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Anything written by Sitchin

Maybe the bible

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Ban? No, not ban...age appropriateness? Most definitely. Some books just aren't for kids. Other than that? Nope. No matter how bad, someone somewhere will want to read it, and should be able to.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I would never ban any form of literature. Even the books I cannot stand (holy texts mainly) need to be freely available to those who choose to read them.

Censorship, in every form, is wrong.

new topics

top topics

join