It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR needs to step up to prevent future debacles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Did any of you watch this joke of a race???

Can't believe that people actually piad to drive down there (with today's gas prices) and watch these clowns race like 10 year olds.

The safety factors about the tires are killing NASCAR. The over paid drivers, the huge sponsership packages and corprate America has killed a once great American pastime.

Watch the Truck series if you want to see the real action.

Here is a thread for the full article:

msn.foxsports.com...=8386684

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I can no longer watch the races, as my cable company took the Speed channel out of my package.
Going to a race is a crap shoot. Many things can happen that can either make the race fabulous or not so.
That cannot be guaranteed on the ticket and die hard fans know this.
As long as my fav driver Jimmie won..then it's all good to me.
In my opinion, the best seat I could ever get for a race is on my couch.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I live outside of Indianapolis and was really sorry to hear that this race was such a "joke" to some. But I really hope that the fans don't hold it against the city. I don't really understand the whole tire issue. Sounds like Goodyear has some work to do. Are these tires not tested on the tracks, shouldn't they have known how the tires would handle. I don't follow the NASCAR scene so my knowledge is very limited here.

Indianapolis is a great city that has hosted some of the largest sporting events in the world, and in a few years we can add the 2012 Super Bowl to that. So I would hate for the city to get a "bad rap" for this. It is my understanding that safety comes first, the track owner is going to be sure of that. Shouldn't the fan's anger be directed toward Goodyear?

Hey Access. My neice, little Rush, is crazy over Jimmie Johnson. She was so excited that he won.

Rush

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

She's got great taste.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The fan reaction, at least as covered by the local news, has been mixed. Some vowing not to come back, and others are buying their tickets for next year. The drivers are frustrated to say the least, but seem to understand that safety takes priority.

But it still gets me that NASCAR wasn't aware of these problems prior to the race.

However, a well deserved win for JJ!!

Rush

AD, always nice to run into you...and yes, she does have good taste.

new topics

top topics

join