It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lying Liars & the OBAMA EMAIL-FRAUD

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Jesus, some of you are so naive. It's unbelievable. I knew this had the mark of being a fraud email. And now the author has come out and said it's not accurate. What a freaking surprise! Congratuations to the people who fell for a email once again from the GOP Boiler Room. You are the biggest suckers of the land. You win a toaster in the shape of a elephant. A white one at that too. Holy crap

If you think a republican administration is going to be the better choice, then you better look at their voting record. Moreso you better look at the AGENDA. Obama is your only choice of sanity unless you want Mccain and everything that comes with him. I want a intelligent critical thinking president and one has a well measured temper. That's not Mccain. Obama is no messiah and nor do I think he was the best choice when it comes to convictions (See Kucinich for further proof of what he did Friday for this country)

TO the person who posted that email. You better start to reevaluate your tendency to be swayed easily by political tricks and realize the GOP is more toxic to america than the democrats in this time in history. Understand that. This is so damn pathetic how fast you Mr. Scared Flag waver, are falling for every trick in the book. Jesus, what a sucker.

Yes, I am back to keep some of you honest or at least to show how some ATSer's fall for the lamest crap. Get a new M.O. GOP.

www.armytimes.com...

An Army officer’s negative e-mail account of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama’s visit with the troops in Afghanistan that set the blogosphere ablaze prompted Army officials to correct aspects of the e-mail and resulted in a statement from the message’s author that “some of the information that was put out in my e-mail was wrong.”

The e-mail, signed by Capt. Jeffrey S. Porter at Bagram Airbase, characterized Obama’s July 19 visit with soldiers there as contrary to the positive portrayals of the mainstream press.

“As the soldiers where (sic) lined up to shake his hand he blew them off and didn’t say a word as he went into the conference room to meet the general,” the e-mail said.

Porter wrote that Obama then went straight to the base’s “Clamshell” or recreation facility to pose for “publicity pictures playing basketball” and “shunned the opportunity to talk to soldiers to thank them for their service. I swear we got more thanks from the NBA Basketball Players or the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders than from one of the Senators, who wants to be the President of the United States. I just don’t understand how anyone would want him to be our Commander-in-Chief. It was almost that he was scared to be around those that provide the freedom for him and our great country.”

Army Times sent an e-mail to Porter, a Utah Army National Guard member assigned to the 142nd Military Intelligence Battalion, asking if he could verify that he wrote the controversial e-mail and requesting an interview.

Porter’s reply declined the interview request, but said:

“I am writing this to ask that you delete my e-mail and not forward it, after checking my sources some of the information that was put out in my e-mail was wrong. This e-mail was meant only for my family. Please respect my wishes and delete the e-mail and if there are any blogs you have my e-mail portrayed on I would ask if you would take it down too.”

When contacted, Tiffany Porter who identified herself as his wife, said: “There were discrepancies in the e-mail, but I am not at liberty to say more.”

The Army refuted the accuracy of the account of the Obama visit.

“These comments are inappropriate and factually incorrect,” Bagram spokesman Lt. Col. Rumi Nielson-Green told the New York Daily News.

Obama didn’t play basketball at Bagram or visit the Clamshell, she said.

“We were a bit delayed ... as he took time to shake hands, speak to troops and pose for photographs,” Nielson-Green said.

Opinion aside, Obama campaign officials cited factual errors in the e-mail. Porter said Obama had gone to play basketball; Obama aides said that during the trip he only played basketball in Kuwait, not during stops in Iraq or Afghanistan.

An Obama campaign Web site, called “Fight the Smears,” labels it a “lie” that Obama refused to meet with the troops. It includes links to news stories and videos showing Obama interacting with crowds of service members as evidence.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Looks like Army bigwigs want to cover their butts.

Notice how this original e-mail was written by an officer. If you have any idea how the Armed Forces work, you can easily control officers, much easier than you can control enlisted soldiers.

I'm sure we can agree that the military has ways to control the media, and being an officer is involved just makes it that more suspicious.

I smell cover-up.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Looks like Army bigwigs want to cover their butts.

Notice how this original e-mail was written by an officer. If you have any idea how the Armed Forces work, you can easily control officers, much easier than you can control enlisted soldiers.

I'm sure we can agree that the military has ways to control the media, and being an officer is involved just makes it that more suspicious.

I smell cover-up.

Are you insane? You have no other choice but Mccain. Are you going to side with someone who clearly is not well tempered nor does he have any credibility on the world stage with his current antics. I mean, what is your real issue?

And need I remind you that Obama is a constitutional scholar while Mccain graduated 894th in his class. Do you really want to go down that narrow path again? Because quite frankly RR Conservative, we can't afford your paranoia

Let me say that again. 894th in his class/Beer heiress and he left his wife on her sickbed/ It's game over. America can DO better.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think the guy got censored by the Big Wigs for voicing a political opinion which is against military regulations. As I said in a previous post, some Obama fan would try to discredit the e-mail, and try to cause the guy trouble. I'm not buying the retraction being voluntary..

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRGERBIK

Are you insane? You have no other choice but Mccain. Are you going to side with someone who clearly is not well tempered nor does he have any credibility on the world stage with his current antics. I mean, what is your real issue?

And need I remind you that Obama is a constitutional scholar while Mccain graduated 894th in his class. Do you really want to go down that narrow path again? Because quite frankly RR Conservative, we can't afford your paranoia

Let me say that again. 894th in his class/Beer heiress and he left his wife on her sickbed/ It's game over. America can DO better.

This is coming out of nowhere. I am not Pro-McCain, I am ANTI-Obama!

Can't you see I am Barackaphobic?

McCain joined the Armed Forces, Obama went to school, I don't see where you are going with that?

As far as this post topic...Someone who happened to be an officer gave an account of what he saw happen with Obama and the troops. This guy surely was pulled aside (tortured...maybe...
) and all of a sudden he changes his story.

I never mentioned McCain in my response, yet you assume I am some kind of McCain worshipper. I can't stand McCain and if it was up to me he wouldn't be on the Republican ticket. I gave money to Bush, and get hounded all the time from McCain people for donations, and I flatly refuse, citing Global Warming, and immigration issues. I am firmly ANTI-Obama and if it takes voting for McCain to save us from Obama, I will hold my nose and do it.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
I think the guy got censored by the Big Wigs for voicing a political opinion which is against military regulations. As I said in a previous post, some Obama fan would try to discredit the e-mail, and try to cause the guy trouble. I'm not buying the retraction being voluntary..

If you read the Army Times article you will note that there were elements of the email which were "factually incorrect".

Specifically that Obama didn't play basketball while at that base.

There were others too.

The only thing being covered up here is the behinds of liars.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Again, Quazga's source is the "Army Times". The "Army Times" is NOT an official US government or military site.

It is a MEDIA outlet for military news. The military or government have no associations with this site.

It is simply another pro-Obama media source.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
If you read the Army Times article you will note that there were elements of the email which were "factually incorrect".

Specifically that Obama didn't play basketball while at that base.

There were others too.

The only thing being covered up here is the behinds of liars.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by Quazga]
I did read the article, and they said:

When contacted, Tiffany Porter who identified herself as his wife, said: “There were discrepancies in the e-mail, but I am not at liberty to say more.”

The Army refuted the accuracy of the account of the Obama visit.

“These comments are inappropriate and factually incorrect,” Bagram spokesman Lt. Col. Rumi Nielson-Green told the New York Daily News.

So, we know from this: His wife is being harrassed and is not permitted to discuss the matter, the DOD feels his disclosure was inappropriate and allegedly factually incorrect.

He's probably been reprimanded for voicing a political opinion while serving, and was bullied into retracting his statement.

Why doesn't Obama's press gang release all their videos, and show Obama shaking all those soldiers hand in Iraq?

[edit on 28-7-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
From Snopes:

We also received a flood of messages from US troops who encountered Senator Obama during his Middle East trip (in Afghanistan and elsewhere) and reported quite different experiences than what was claimed the original e-mail. The following is a sampling of the more printable ones.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yeah, we all know about the type of testimonials that the DOD tends to provide like these phony letter from soldiers telling everyone how great things were in Iraq..

Hmm.. I wonder what Barack is threatening them with if they don't cover his lying behind?

A series of letters supposedly written by US troops in Iraq detailing their successes in the country were all written by their commander, it has emerged.

The publication of the letters, in several US newspapers, comes as the Bush administration has stepped up efforts to win over an American public increasingly sceptical of its handling of the situation in Iraq.

Critics said if the letters were found to be part of an organised effort by the military to win over US hearts and minds regarding the conflict it could be a violation of military ethics.

However, the soldiers' commander, Lieutenant Colonel Dominic Caraccilo, told ABC News on Tuesday his staff had written the letters merely to get "good news" back to the US more efficiently.

He says he then sent it round to his soldiers saying they could send a copy home if they wanted to.

"We thought it would be a good idea to encapsulate what we as a battalion have accomplished since arriving Iraq and share that pride with people back home," he said.

Full Article

Let's not forget the Jessica Lynch and Pat Tillman tales of heroism photo ops.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Yeah, we all know about the type of testimonials that the DOD tends to provide like these phony letter from soldiers telling everyone how great things were in Iraq..

Hmm.. I wonder what Barack is threatening them with if they don't cover his lying behind?

A series of letters supposedly written by US troops in Iraq detailing their successes in the country were all written by their commander, it has emerged.

The publication of the letters, in several US newspapers, comes as the Bush administration has stepped up efforts to win over an American public increasingly sceptical of its handling of the situation in Iraq.

Critics said if the letters were found to be part of an organised effort by the military to win over US hearts and minds regarding the conflict it could be a violation of military ethics.

However, the soldiers' commander, Lieutenant Colonel Dominic Caraccilo, told ABC News on Tuesday his staff had written the letters merely to get "good news" back to the US more efficiently.

He says he then sent it round to his soldiers saying they could send a copy home if they wanted to.

"We thought it would be a good idea to encapsulate what we as a battalion have accomplished since arriving Iraq and share that pride with people back home," he said.

Full Article

Let's not forget the Jessica Lynch and Pat Tillman tales of heroism photo ops.

I can't believe this. This is a boiler room tactic. Don't you see the fingerprints? This is what they do. This is a M.O. of a GOP boiler room. It's the same thing that says Barak is a muslim and how Michelle doesn't like America.

Lloyd, you need to check yourself. Because if you think Mccain is a viable option for this country. You better look at how he is handling himself and this campaign. He isn't prime time. It's game over for Mr. 894. Your only choice is Barak, deal with it
\

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Barak is a muslim and how Michelle doesn't like America.

The GOP "Boiler room" isn't saying that but Barack and Michelle are!! Did you not see where Michelle stated this? Have you heard Barak recite the morning Islamic prayer in near perfect Arabic and say how it is the most beautiful sound at Sunrise?

That Kool-aid must be some powerful stuff to drown all that out.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I can't believe this. This is a boiler room tactic. Don't you see the fingerprints? This is what they do. This is a M.O. of a GOP boiler room. It's the same thing that says Barak is a muslim and how Michelle doesn't like America.
How do we know the Obama campaign didn't have a hand in doctoring up a few copies of his not to be forwarded letter to discredit him? I'm still undecided about what his true religion is, but I know his wife hates America and white people. I have heard the words spew forth from her own mouth.

Lloyd, you need to check yourself. Because if you think Mccain is a viable option for this country. You better look at how he is handling himself and this campaign. He isn't prime time. It's game over for Mr. 894. Your only choice is Barak, deal with it
\

I know you'd like to convince everyone Baracka is the only choice, but I'm not buying it. If I must, I'll vote McCain first. At least he's a veteran and doesn't lie constantly. I may not like what he's saying all the time, but at least it's the truth. However distasteful it may be.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

How do we know the Obama campaign didn't have a hand in doctoring up a few copies of his not to be forwarded letter to discredit him? I'm still undecided about what his true religion is, but I know his wife hates America and white people. I have heard the words spew forth from her own mouth.

His true religion? :Shaking head: His wife hates america? What the hell, Lloyd? You just swallow talking points, dont you. Give me ONE SOURCED comment where she has said she hates america and white people. YOU CAN'T. And don't even give me that rainbow push coalition crap. Being critical isn't hating someone. What kind of country do we live in that you can't understand that? It's critical thinking 101. It's dialogue. There is a tinge of prejudice on this board that is so obvious everytime I click on. Criticism is warranted on this country and if you don't think that, then you aren't american you are a imperialist This is what America is about not calling someone anti american because they criticize your country for their actions. And what the hell is wrong with that?

\

I know you'd like to convince everyone Baracka is the only choice, but I'm not buying it. If I must, I'll vote McCain first. At least he's a veteran and doesn't lie constantly. I may not like what he's saying all the time, but at least it's the truth. However distasteful it may be.

What he is saying is the truth? You are not researching properly. This man has flip flopped more than John Kerry on every which way. Mr 894 is not honest nor is he competent to deal in political affairs when it concerns sitting in the president's chair. Why you even think this, I have no idea why. But I would suggest looking at their life. Barak has put his time in doing community service. The only community Mccain knows is his Gulf Stream Jet community.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Barak has put his time in doing community service

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well all that community service should definitely make him qualified to be the next President of the United States! Who needs Military Service or White House experience when you have a resume like that!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Well all that community service should definitely make him qualified to be the next President of the United States! Who needs Military Service or White House experience when you have a resume like that!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

Barak has put his time in doing community service

I have a feeling some people just don't reasearch at all. They scan News Max or WorldNetDaily or Drudge, and think "hey these people wouldn't steer me wrong. I don't need sources. " Barak never said he was a muslim, Jet or Lloyd. Michelle never said she hated america. . As I said my choice is clear, Kucinich or Ron Paul was m y choice. But this is what is left. And if you think Mccain is a choice, you are going to love the decisions he makes. Another republican term? I have a feeling you aren't making the six -seven figures. Can you afford another republican term?

As a community organizer in the Altgeld Gardens public housing project in the mid-1980s, Obama, then 23, quickly emerged as a tireless and pragmatic advocate for the community—traits that characterize the kind of president he says he wants to be. "His work as a community organizer was really a defining moment in his life, not just his career," his wife, Michelle, told U.S. News. It helped him decide "how he would impact the world"—assisting people in defining their mutual interests and working together to improve their lives.

Listening. In a speech in February announcing his presidential bid, Obama said, "It was in these neighborhoods that I received the best education I ever had." His work, he added, "taught me a lot about listening to people as opposed to coming in with a predetermined agenda."

Today, the experiences at Altgeld Gardens echo throughout his campaign. His support last week for allowing Cuban-Americans to increase their contact with relatives in Cuba was an extension of his outreach to both friends and foes in Chicago. The same is true of his pledge to meet as president without preconditions with leaders of rogue nations such as Iran and North Korea. His critics called him naive, but his admirers say it was another example of Obama's commitment to seeking common ground.

After graduating from Columbia University in 1983 with a major in political science, Obama worked as a financial consultant in New York City. But he was bored—and drawn to public service. In 1985, he moved to Chicago to work with local churches organizing job training and other programs for poor and working-class residents of Altgeld Gardens, a public housing project where 5,300 African-Americans tried to survive amid shuttered steel mills, a nearby landfill, a putrid sewage treatment plant, and a pervasive feeling that the white establishment of Chicago would never give them a fair shake.

Jerry Kellman, a social activist who recruited Obama, recalls, "He was very bright, very articulate, very personable, and very idealistic," inspired by civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr.'s philosophy of nonviolence. Kellman offered Obama a job at the annual salary of $10,000, and he threw in $2,000 so Obama could buy a ramshackle car to get around.

Obama was a stranger to the area but caught on quickly by showing humility and a strong work ethic. "We knew what was wrong in the community but we didn't know how to get something done about it," recalls Yvonne Lloyd, 78, who worked with Obama. Obama insisted on "staying in the background while he empowered us." By Obama's own admission, there were few big victories. But whether it was getting the city to fill potholes, provide summer jobs, or remove asbestos from the apartments or persuading the apartment managers to repair toilets, pipes, and ceilings, Obama encouraged residents to come up with their own priorities with the gentle admonition: "It's your community."

--------------------------------

It is so Game over when the debates happen.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Oh puh-leeasse

You can't be serious, but no doubt are and that's scary you believe such BS.

No, Obama didn't do any illegal land deals with slumb lords like Tony Rezko for kick-backs in his Chicago housing district. The Junior Senator became a millionaire as a community organizer.

Some of the residents of Grove Parc say they are angry that Obama did not notice their plight. The development straddles the boundary of Obama's state Senate district. Many of the tenants have been his constituents for more than a decade.

"No one should have to live like this, and no one did anything about it," said Cynthia Ashley, who has lived at Grove Parc since 1994.

Obama's campaign, in a written response to Globe questions, affirmed the candidate's support of public-private partnerships as an alternative to public housing, saying that Obama has "consistently fought to make livable, affordable housing in mixed-income neighborhoods available to all."

The campaign did not respond to questions about whether Obama was aware of the problems with buildings in his district during his time as a state senator, nor did it comment on the roles played by people connected to the senator.

Oh, but of course.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Oh puh-leeasse

You can't be serious, but no doubt are and that's scary you believe such BS.

No, Obama didn't do any illegal land deals with slumb lords like Tony Rezko for kick-backs in his Chicago housing district. The Junior Senator became a millionaire as a community organizer.

Some of the residents of Grove Parc say they are angry that Obama did not notice their plight. The development straddles the boundary of Obama's state Senate district. Many of the tenants have been his constituents for more than a decade.

"No one should have to live like this, and no one did anything about it," said Cynthia Ashley, who has lived at Grove Parc since 1994.

Obama's campaign, in a written response to Globe questions, affirmed the candidate's support of public-private partnerships as an alternative to public housing, saying that Obama has "consistently fought to make livable, affordable housing in mixed-income neighborhoods available to all."

The campaign did not respond to questions about whether Obama was aware of the problems with buildings in his district during his time as a state senator, nor did it comment on the roles played by people connected to the senator.

Oh, but of course.

Jet, everyone has flaws. But he did put his community time in But when you see these candidates on stage when it comes to interacting with the people. It's going to be evident who is the most presidential. If you want to see what Mccain has? Well, we can go for days on this one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join