It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transvestite Toilets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Transvestite Toilets

allweirdnews.com

In Bankok, Thailand there are seperate bathrooms for teen boys who prefer to dress as girls at one rural high school. No more tough decisions about which toilet to take to or having to go to the teachers lounge.

The Kampang School in northeastern Thailand conducted a survey last term that showed more than 200 of the school’s 2,600 students considered themselves transgender, said school director Sitisak Sumontha. So, when classes resumed in May, the school unveiled a unisex restroom designated by a human figure split in half - part man in blue and part woman in red. Below it are the words “Transvestite Toilet.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Here is a news story that doesn't involve anyone being bombed or invaded , hope you enjoy .

allweirdnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I think it is a good idea. Nothing wrong with being supportive, imo. I hope the idea spreads and with it feelings of acceptance. Maybe this is a phase these teens are going through and maybe not, but if people stop making a fuss about it, then those who truly feel this way will (hopefully) feel better about themselves.

Anyway- I think it is a positive thing.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The first thing that occurs to me is what a large percentage of transgendered children that is. The second is to wonder if the well known trade in child sex that happens is Bangkok is a factor. Male children abused in this way might well see themselves as female, having been forced into a female type role sexually. Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I've never seen a problem with having unisex bathrooms.

If a bathroom has a number of stalls with locking doors it give privacy to those that want it. A short wall to separate the view of the urinals so the men can let it hang out at the trough completes it.

You don't need a separate facility for transgendered individuals, we all need to go and one bathroom should be able to accommodate everyone.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Ah long forgot are the days when a good old tree would do just fine .

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Not too many women WANT to use the bathroom the same time as me...

Just sayin

Semper

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

thats why you should get the Japs to build you one
lets of a scent of air freshner

dont know if it will stop stink but every little helps (sounds like Tesco)

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Is this really fair tho, well I guess then homosexual children will have to have their own restroom as well, then I guess we could further classify and differentiate restrooms for all sorts of self labels.

Really to me the answer is simple. If you have a penis, you use the men's restroom, if you have a vagina, you use the women's restroom. I don't really see how this is a hard decision.

The whole transgender thing in my opinion is a little out of hand, if you are a woman, wanting to be a man that is different from a woman who has had the surgery in order to actually be a man, and vice versa.

top topics

join