It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so whats crazy anyhow?

page: 1

join
share:
kim

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 05:15 AM
link   
im baaacccckkkk! lol thought youd got rid of me huh? well think again

away on my vacation (its a bit late but hope everyone had a good xmas/yuletide/winter solstice/whatever it is for you and new year), i thought a bit. i even asked myself if i was crazy. then i thought well whats crazy?

you know when those ppl in films go 'im not crazy dammit!' and everyone just shakes their heads and lock them up- youve all seen it, but to the person, theyre not. im gonna try and put this without repeating myself or sounding like a twit.
what characteristics make you mad? wheres the line between sanity and insanity? and if crazy means out of control then arent we all a bit or even a lot?

anyway, if someone can give me a satisfactory answer then id be very happy

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 05:30 AM
link   
crazy in my definition is "outside the norm" so when everyone in town mows their lawn in the daytime and you're the only one who does it at midnight then you might be crazy. So in a sense most everyone is crazy, it's just to what degree are you crazy. being insane doesn't necesarily have to be a bad thing. some of the greatest minds in history would be considered crazy by todays standards.

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Kon

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The thought of the sky actually being flamable.

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Kim,

See, Kon's crazy!

I aggree with Aegis. Whatever's considered outside the norm. But, then you have to ask yourself, what is the norm... The norm is what the mojority of the people consider as the norm...

kim

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
exactly. goth isnt norm but goth isnt always crazy.
eating peanut butter and marmalade isnt the norm...and is probably really gross but eating that doesnt make you cuckoo.
isnt the norm just stereotyping anyway? and arent we all supposed to be different?

Kon

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
We're told we are.

But, if we're all trying to be different, aren't we all the same?

Or...

Remember, you're unique. Just like everybody else.

All in all we're - nah. We're all the same... *sigh*

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Crazy is defined as a chemical imbalance in your brain effecting your senses. I think because we have souls this can be over come, and mental hospitals are stupid and a travesty to human rights, not performing their specified duties....look at John Nash, he was crazy, but he fought it, and over came that mental problem, I think because there is more to the mind then just the mind, there is a soul, and if we thought only with a mind, then John Nash would have been hopeless entirely.

See that movie "A beautiful mind"

Sincerely,
no signature

new topics

top topics

join