It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the...?!?! COSTCO selling long-term Emergency food?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I went to my local Costco yesterday, and saw these on the end of an aisle. I doubt they are as good as M.R.E.s
However, they seem pretty legit. Bought two boxes, thought I should let you all know for two reasons;

1-Why are they selling this now?

2-So you could all go and get some, like now!

Any thoughts on why this is all of a sudden being offered? Also, they have a huge selection of generators and emergency supplies..... Featured VERY prominently...

[edit on 25-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
What the heck?
They are no longer giving out free samples anymore?

That is strange At first when I read the title I thought you were going to talk about the excess MRE's that are on tthe market now.

But after looking at those pics that is strange maybe they know something we dont
I'll keep an eye on this one.

good find

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

emergency can be thought of as anything

its not like costco has the inside on something gonna happen so make money on it now while you can

i think its a great idea to have this just in case of anything happening

generators and supplies are pretty standard stuff that has been sold plenty times before without spelling imminent doom in the near future

so what does the menu offer? to small to read
and the caloric intake?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

excess MRE's on the market now could be due to the war and over stocking and not sending so many to IRAQ or all over to anyone who wants to but them

Ive never had an MRE and am going camping next week deep in washington and taking some for the 4 day festivity

hope they are somewhat good

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This is nothing new. For at least 4 years now our COSTCO has had this. It used to be in a plastic pail.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
and the caloric intake?

So the world comes to an end and your worried about your figure?

I think it's a great idea too but it does seem odd that this kind of stuff goes on the market as we aproach 2012

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ah, I believe it's the law of supply and demand. Right now, there is a demand for this stuff. Costco is giving consumers what they want. It's good business.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yeah, I find the whole "20 YEAR SHELF LIFE" to be a little disturbing, lol...

But as for the calories and such, as I said before, It's not an MRE like I'm used to, but seems halfway decent...

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Where do you live at? I go to COSTCO alot, you know, to dream about TV's, but this is the first I have ever seen this product. Just seemed odd to me, is all....

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Some of them are not half bad I took some camping it was a good break from the norm.

I still say this seems odd though

[edit on 25-7-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
YUMMY! And Vegetarian! How much did it cost? I live 95 miles round trip from the nearest big city... Is it worth it? Thanks very much for the heads up, a great purchase for my family if it is cost effective.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
and the caloric intake?

So the world comes to an end and your worried about your figure?

I think it's a great idea too but it does seem odd that this kind of stuff goes on the market as we aproach 2012

hardly worried, just curious

seems like some of the people who are low income could use this as daily meal prep and feed many families for cheap

just curious to how good this could be

i think churches should implement this and feed homeless and help the community instead of taking tithes to build bigger churches and pay their staff

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I have to grab my receipt. HIGHLY cost effective... I remember it was like .20 a meal...

ONE LINE AVOIDANCE!!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Very good point!

thinking outside the box, that is really a great idea

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Thats actually a very good Idea.

I think that this sort of reminds me of the Gruel that they were eating in the Matrix, when they were in the "real" world.

I think I might eat one now, but am afraid to open the crate...

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson

Thats actually a very good Idea.

I think that this sort of reminds me of the Gruel that they were eating in the Matrix, when they were in the "real" world.

I think I might eat one now, but am afraid to open the crate...

does it have an expiration date on it once opened? or as long as it is sealed is it ok?

if it expires, would be good to open it up and seperate it into multiple air tight containers for safe keeping

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Hold on, I have to go to the "emergency" storage of my house. Gonna take a minute to get the locks off and get the box out. I will fill you in, in a minute. Sorry!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I appreciate your post, and agree fully if it is safe and nutritious, .20 per meal is well worth the purchase. Does costco take foodstamps?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
So, it's 20 years from the date of manufacturing, no matter what...

There are Barley vegetable, Western stew, Corn Chowder, Potato Bacon, and Cacciatore.

And it all looks great!

If you want, send this message to others in our little community. $30 for 200 meals? What a great way to prepare for those who haven't!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

I appreciate your post, and agree fully if it is safe and nutritious, .20 per meal is well worth the purchase. Does costco take foodstamps?

foodstamps? unfortunately no, to even buy anything you need a membership

i used to go there for bulk, but then realized i need to eat to survive not eat cause food is good

granted alot of mom and pop shops go there for many things and large families but i have neither so i stick with what i know samiches, soups, cereal coffee and wine and sushi which i dont have the patience to make

so i pay for it

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join