It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Credit Crunch & Global Warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
As a family man and interested in the earth and its wonders have always been behind the green cause to change the way we live and live greener, and to try and use less of Earths resources, instead finding more econmoical ways to live.
But there was always something in the back of my mind, and that was will I lose out to others if I start trying to save money and saving the planet, as I felt others are not following suit and wouldnt do so for probably the same reasons.
Money being the major factor in this, and then need to be percieved that you have money to spend, and its the spend bit that I think holds people back from giving the green attitude a go.
I think we needed to change the attitude towards money, from it being clever to spend a lot, to more clever to save a lot. So you then can boast that you have saved this much money by doing this, instead of boasting that you spent this much money.
This is where the gloabl turn down comes into it. We needed to be forced to believe in saving money rather than spending it, and so the credit crunch came into play, and which then will change everybodys attitude to greener issues, and so development of these greener fuels and such can be brought into everyday life.
Our hands have now been forced, and I can genuinely feel that attitudes are changing, and its becoming more fashionable to save rather than spend.
This will obviosuly only do for now, and the econmoy will then pick up again, once all the processes to make money from green industry is put into place, and then we go on as normal.

join