It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama ventured forth to bring light to the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Classic article in my opinion.

And it came to pass, in the eighth year of the reign of the evil Bush the Younger (The Ignorant), when the whole land from the Arabian desert to the shores of the Great Lakes had been laid barren, that a Child appeared in the wilderness

Must read of full article: www.timesonline.co.uk...

Absolutely hysterical if not somewhat spot on depicting the views of many of the followers.

Classic stuff!

Becker

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Awesome, yes this is a classic, I posted it too, mine was closed,

Funny reality check!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This article is brilliant! I laughed and laughed. I think the backlash has begun...

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Talk about nailing it. That is absolutely hilarious and is a terrific parody of how some of his supporters apparently view him.

Sometimes, I must say that I really do love the UK media. They're not afraid to tell it like it is. There's no way this would ever get printed in the US.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Yup it is great, !!!!!!!!!!!!

The crowds of network anchors who had followed him from afar cheered “Hosanna” and waved great palm fronds and strewed them at his feet.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
That article absolutely killed me.

Thanks for posting this....we need to get everyone to read this!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This is so well written and I'm still laughing.
I hope the whole world gets to read this. Thanks for posting this.
Very funny.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The messiah has come. His followers pretty much act like that. It bothers me when a candidate is chosen on emotion rather than logic. Pretty funny stuff though. Good Find.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
That is good.

Reading it reminded me of the times in his Berlin Speech, when people were shouting "O-ba-ma, O-ba-ma"! That was really kind of reminiscent of crowds of "followers", right? Maybe it's just because of the sound of his name. Because I know at sports events, concerts, demonstrations and political rallies, the whole crowd often shouts things in unison. It just sounded strange to me.

Anyway, I think it's interesting that Obama critics (and haters) see him as either the Messiah or the Anti-Christ!
Nothing in between. He can't be just a regular person, an intelligent leader. He must be one extreme or the other. They can't accept that his supporters actually see him for who he really is; A brilliant politician, a capable leader and an extremely gifted orator. So they project one or the other religious caricature on him to make his supporters seem crazy and unreasonable for supporting him. But trust me, we're not the ones who look crazy or unreasonable when y'all start spouting religious verse.

His supporters don't see him as the Messiah OR the Anti-Christ.

But the piece was funny. They took it all the way!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Why are you all laughing at this article?

Someone finally writes recent events as they really happen, and you laugh?

Just kidding.

Pretty funny article, but the laying palms at his feet was a little over the top I thought.

Let's just hope that the romans don't get a hold of him.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Barack Obama: The Child - The Messiah - The Obamessiah

Well, I thought it was funny.

video
www.youtube.com...://hotair.com/archives/2008/07/26/video-the-greatest-story-ever-told/

[edit on 113131p://bMonday2008 by Stormdancer777]

top topics

join