It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Obama not as trustworthy as we would like to think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I remember hearing him talk in his book about how laws were really nothing but papers with words on them. I started to think that might mean to me that he might try to make it out like the constitution is nothing but a bunch of papers with words on it. I also think that he might mean by this that his speeches are nothing but words and rhetoric. Is Barack really as trustworthy as we would like to think he is or is he nothing but a bunch of words? He can talk all he wants about how he wants to make things better in Washington... but we know that actions speak louder than words and words mean nothing unless they're acted upon. Can we really trust him or is he just a bunch of talk?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Obama, McCain, Clinton, Bush, whoever. As far as I'm concerned, they are politicians and you can't trust any of them.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Obama, McCain, Clinton, Bush, whoever. As far as I'm concerned, they are politicians and you can't trust any of them.

Glad someone is making this point. All of you who are so quick to jump on anything and everything related to Obama, don't you realize you are playing into the hands of the establishment? They pit us against each other like children to help distract us from the fact that the whole lot of them are not to be trusted.

Why not make several topics on how each of these politicians has been shown to lie, switch positions, and attempted to altar the reality of our situation? This squabbling among political supporters is welcomed, fueled, and encouraged by the media for a reason!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Never take a politician literally. They all speak in abstracts.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
How can you trust someone that thinks he can fix everything with very little effort and very little time?
Does he honestly think he can do everything he is promising?

He is in for a rude awakening when he discovers he'll have to roll up his sleeves for once, but as usual he will point that finger elsewhere when he finally realizes the job is a lot more difficult than he originally thought.
And of course his followers will sympathize with him.

He needs to be honest with himself before others can trust him, probably why the lead he has over McCain is getting surprisingly smaller.

new topics

top topics

join