It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excuses to hate Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Everday I get emails with false propaganda designed to turn people away from Obama. The majority of these emails are from folks who have every reason both financial and moral to support his more progressive stances.

They survive on goverment programs such as social security and medicare. They in turn attack Obama for his progressive and humanitarian stances.

These are people who get there medical care from the VA, who they think the world of. They then rally against universal healthcare as they feel the goverment cannot run any program efficently and they feel that everyone should take of themselves.

They are people who have low incomes and low taxes. They rally against Obama because they don't want higher taxes, yet Obama has promised to give them tax relief.

These are people who help people in need every chance they get. They rally against Obama because he wants to help the poor and unfortunate.

These are people who dislike Bush because of the IRAQ war and other international policies. They rally against Obama he wants to take a more "hands off" approach in waging war against other nations.

These are people who have deep Christian religous beliefs. They then rally against the very things that Jesus would have supported.

I just do not understand it. The only thing I can think is that racism is still very alive in America and is so deep rooted that they will never change. What has America come to when people go against everything they believe in, just in order to persuade themselves not to vote for a black man?

This is just one more reason that keeps me

Disgustedbyhumanity

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity

I just do not understand it. The only thing I can think is that racism is still very alive in America and is so deep rooted that they will never change. What has America come to when people go against everything they believe in, just in order to persuade themselves not to vote for a black man?

This is just one more reason that keeps me

Disgustedbyhumanity

This might help you be less disgusted by humanity.

Maybe people dislike Obama because they perceive him as a condescending boob who stands for nothing and has no authenticity. Maybe people don't like him because he says one thing and does another time after time.

Maybe people don't like Obama because he comes across as so damn arrogant and acts like he knows better than we do how we should live our own lives.

Maybe people don't like Obama because he lies when he claims he's not beholden to special interests while his entire campaign has been financed and managed by special interests.

Maybe people don't like Obama because his wife was never proud of America until her husband won a couple of primaries. Maybe people don't like Obama because he chooses to associate with other people who say they hate America.

Maybe people don't like Obama because he comes across as an elitist jerk when he says things like middle class people cling to their guns and religion and don't like people who are foreigners. Or when he ridicules his fellow Americans for not being able to speak a second language.

Maybe people just don't like Obama because they've now had a chance to get to see who he really is.

In fact, I would suggest that he hasn't been held to the same standards BECAUSE he is black. I.e., people are afraid to ridicule Obama for fear of being labeled racist, just like you did in your post.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Obama wants to take hands off approach in waging war? Did he not say he would go into Pakistan. He would not take military options off the table with Iran. Have you read into his Darfur plan.

Obama promises tax relief. Last time I checked it was a plan not a promise. Just by letting the Bush tax cut die is a tax increase itself. I'm sure some people will see relief with his tax plan, but I doubt it will play out like he says. Too many factors involved.

Do you realize that social security, Medicare are in big financial trouble? And you expect the government to manage universal healthcare. They can't even control the National debt.

Helping the poor is one thing. However, there is a percentage of able to work people who bleed off the system that are either too lazy, too doped up, or believe that it is the government responsibility to take care of them. I also prefer we help the poor in America before helping others.

Jesus is not here and you can't say what he would do. Only he knows what he would do. I am sure Jesus helped many people but I am also pretty sure there were many he didn't.

I am sure some people won't vote for Obama because he is black. Just like some people are only voting for Obama cause he is black. And some people won't vote for McCain cause he is white. But that doesn't mean racism is the reason people don't want Obama. Majority of people don't give a damn about the color. Cause ultimately the only color that matter is green. Green keeps people sheltered and fed.

People have legit reasons for not voting for Obama. You may not like them, may not understand them, but don't equate their reasons to racism. As far as racism in the US. It does exist, but I feel we have come a lot further than we give ourselves credit for.

new topics

join