It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with constructive criticism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
"Typical
I think the mods should lock all threads like these within a few posts and only unlock them when the evidence has been provided.It would save so much time and stop crap like this being on the front page.All that happens is people write pages of "i told you so its a hoax blah blah blah" with the occasional "give the op a chance this is blah blah blah".Disable the flags on these things until something constructive comes out of a thread."

This was my reply to a thread which i shot from the hip with.It was a stock standard tell a big story with promises to deliver evidence at a later date(usually the next day).
Now i think if threads like these can be snubbed out or toughened up on faster than obvious hoaxers and story tellers will give up wasting their and our time and go somewhere else.I realise mods cant be everywhere at once and they are already probably overstretched but in the long run i think it would make their job easier.It seems lately alot of people have been complaining about the obvious BS that gets posted on here that goes for pages, ends up on the main page and is all about nothing.So i would like to open a discussion on how we the ATS community with the help of the mods can nut out some ideas on how to remedy or at least minimise the time wasting threads.

Here are some ideas to start:
*If an OP states they have evidence but dont post it right away lock the thread and disable flags until they produce it.To people who say give the OP a chance they had a chance before they even started the thread, They are just crying wolf.

*If a threads going nowhere fast use the alert button if this happens enough the mods will get the message and eventually something will have to be done.

*DONT REPLY!As hard as it can be sometimes your just feeding the fire.

*DONT FLAG!Unless you really believe just dont do it.

If anyone would like to chip in with ideas please do

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is an example of maybe what could be done.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
But then what would people have to post about as it's clear the threads which require intelligent disucssion other than saying "I don't believe you" or "this is a joke" die quite quickly yet these hoax threads which don't require much intelligent though last for ages. Quite ironic really when you think about it

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I still say that if people would not reply to these threads, the posters would go away.

There's a pertinent thread in my signature.

It might be way too much of a hassle, but I wonder if points could be taken away from people who post pointless replies in Troll/hoax threads. Even the threat of that might discourage some folks from feeding the Trolls.

top topics

join