It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

centaurs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hey now, those are lucky brand 34 x 36 MAN pants I bought for 30 bucks! The fact they're tight is due to the fact that there are muscular MAN legs inside them.

Hahaha, really man? Just relax now. I am allowed to form an opinion and I am more than encouraged to show it on the boards. The fact that I use "giggles" now and then is because I'm a human being and I like to giggle ever so often.

You theory was poorly thought out and I pointed that out, at which you became defensive.

All I am saying is, if you don't want giggly man-children saying mean things about your posts, then don't post about things you haven't even thought through yourself..

Now I am going to go and start a thread about the flying monkeys in The Wizard of Oz.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
One difficulty with such an operation that immediately comes to mind is diameter. The horses spine and Intestinal tract are larger than a humans (Due to size difference of the two species). The intestinal tract difficulties can be worked around but the spinal size difference may prove to be almost insurmountable. You would need some sort of "bridge" between the two systems. With modern day surgical techniques? I'm sorry. With a more advanced knowledge base and tools to work from. Perhaps.

Also another problem that comes to mind is the Respiratory system. A humans lungs simply wouldn't have enough airflow to run both bodys at the same time properly. Perhaps using the horses lungs?

A cyborg system might work Not with modern tech but with some sort of future tech. Robotic human upper body with the human brain transplanted in a shell? An all cyborg system might be better. That way you wouldn't need to worry about tissue matching for example. As far as training the human brain to run such a creature perhaps using the brain from an Infant so that it would "grow" into the body and make it seem more natural?

Some things to think about.

Edited for spelling.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Deson]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crabmeat
Zachariah Sitchen, with his Nibiru, and Annunaki theories says that when the beings of the Planet of Crossing came to earth, they attempted many different breeding programs to create the ultimate worker. One of these attempts was a human/horse hybrid apparently, and that's where all the mythos about Centaurs come from.

I'm not necessarily a firm believer of it, but I don't think humans today can create a human/horse/centaur hybrid. Wishful thinking though.

That's from breeding and genetics experiments. Extracting eggs from a female woman, then fertilizing the egg with the sperm of a male horse. Letting said embryo incubate for however long.

And then finally implanting the embryo into a female horse to mature.

At least that is how Sitchin says the Anunaki did it.

The surgery wouldn't work.

[edit on 8/12/2008 by dalan.]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deson
One difficulty with such an operation that immediately comes to mind is diameter. The horses spine and Intestinal tract are larger than a humans (Due to size difference of the two species). The intestinal tract difficulties can be worked around but the spinal size difference may prove to be almost insurmountable. You would need some sort of "bridge" between the two systems. With modern day surgical techniques? I'm sorry. With a more advanced knowledge base and tools to work from. Perhaps.

Also another problem that comes to mind is the Respiratory system. A humans lungs simply wouldn't have enough airflow to run both bodys at the same time properly. Perhaps using the horses lungs?

Yea, those are the problems I keep running into. I am not sure what the diameter of the lower lumbar vertibrae of the human spine are, or the top vertibrae of a horse's spine, (I think it starts with a c) But like the one guy said, I did not do enough research.

And then the lungs. I have obviously never seen human lungs, but I don't see how it would be possible to tie a horse trachea into them. I suppose you could disconnect the human lungs and tie the human trachea into the horse's. But I don't like the idea of having all that wasted space in the human chest. And a person would have a hard time filling the horse lungs. unless they were Michael Phelps. That guy must already have horse lungs.

I guess I will have to concede that it is pretty much impossible.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I love this thread. Makes you think with all the advances of technology it may be capable...

Maybe the aliens here a long time ago had the capability to do that...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I likewise also feel that it won't be possible with modern day medical technology to create a centaur. Perhaps in a couple of hundred years or so. Though even with the appropriate medical technology by the time that you develop such capabilities with the advances in robotics it would be easier to craft an totally artificial body. Perhaps an all robotic body with a lot of computational power built in. For example the simple (or not so simple) matter of moving. Our brains are wired for two legs. Trying to coordinate 4 legs (and 2 warms) would be extremely difficult. If you had a human brain in a artificial body then it could send commands such as "walk", "trot", and "canter" to a computer (located in the torso) and the movements happen. I do know that there are experiments being done presently for "mind controlled" equipment such as robotics and artificial limbs. That in my estimation might the easiest route to a centaur. But still probably at least a century away or two.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I couldn't find any measurments of the horse vertibrae, but I did find a couple of images for comparison. I realize that horse vertibrea, even the smallest cervical at the base of the skull, are huge compared to human vertibrae. Maybe they could use a smaller less atractive animal, but I don't think a horse will work.
damn.

here are a couple of pictures that led me tofiles.abovetopsecret.com... doubt my own Idea.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
let me try this again files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
that did not work at all. but here isfiles.abovetopsecret.com... a good picture for size comparison.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
this thing is kicking my butt guys, but check out this twisted article if I can load it.

english.pravda.ru...

[edit on 26-8-2008 by president]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join