It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money in his coffers, but no dirt on his shoes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
/2u6dv

For days now, the job at Eisenhower Park in Nassau County has been to follow the order from the White House through the Secret Service and down to the park workers:

"The president's feet are not to touch the dirt."

This is the most ridiculous thing I have heard. Mr. Bush doesnt want to get his shoes dirty? What a disgusting misuse of government funds.

Maybe they should flood the park and he can walk on water instead.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GanjaGoddess
/2u6dv

For days now, the job at Eisenhower Park in Nassau County has been to follow the order from the White House through the Secret Service and down to the park workers:

"The president's feet are not to touch the dirt."

Maybe he is scared that some nasty biological terrorist might have sprinkled anthrax on the ground for him to tread on :shk:

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
does anybody happen to know where to find that video of gruinard? i would be very interested to see anthrax in action.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It sounds to me like it's more the secret service not wanting the President to walk on the ground.

Or is there really a huge conspiracy here...

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
It sounds to me like it's more the secret service not wanting the President to walk on the ground.

Or is there really a huge conspiracy here...

But why the heck wouldnt he walk on the ground? Anthrax isnt really an option here.. his walking on asphalt or dirt doesnt make a damn bit of difference.

This is just plain bizarro.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
that is really strange and bizarre!!!!

doesn't he walk on the ground when he gets off his helicoptor at the white house???? or does the secret service roll out the red carpet for him??

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
so whats the hypothesis here? the president can't leave a footprint or something? I mean I know you can determine shoe size, and estimate height and weight and stuff from a footprint in dirt, but is any of that really a matter of national security? I can understand why they won't tell you about Air Force One's specs or the Limo, but shoe prints? Am I misunderstanding here?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Ok.. i mean, not to burst a bubble or anything, but it seems to me that there is a quite simple explanation for this "dirt" nonsense.

This is a fundraiser.
Fundraisers involve speeches.
Speeches involve stages.
Stages involve elevating the speaker.
Elevating the speaker may show off muddy shoes.

Really, i think this is what its gonna be about. Doesn't want to dirty his shoes before he speaks. Kinda like the red carpet for celebs, so they dont step in spit or bubblegum.

In fact, i imagine Kerry takes similar precautions before holding an outdoor fundraiser. If you want, ill do some research on this, but it seems kinda dry.

The Cas

top topics

join