It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A "vision"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I've been lurking for a while, but finally decided to join to see what people's thoughts were on this.

Saturday night, a friend and I went to see the Dark Knight. We got there about 30 minutes before the show started so while we were just listening to the music they had playing and I was thinking.

Something you should know about me: I think a lot. Not a lot like normal people, everything I see, I think about. I'm constantly thinking about anything and everything. Thoughts go through my mind at lightspeed, but I've learned over the years how to control & accept this. I also have a _very_ bad but selective memory. Possibly because of all the thoughts going on, I don't know. I'm not a doctor.

Anyways, while I was in the theater in deep thought in a dark room with soft music playing, I got a vision I guess you could call it.

I'll do my best to describe it: A still image in my head of an ancient tribe around a book. There were only a few people, not a big group. They also seemed to be fearful(/extremely respectful) of the book.

That was the image. The thoughts that poured in with it were that something very bad had happened in the past and that they felt they had to do something to prevent it from happening in the future. No, I didn't see or get any thoughts of what might have happened.

The only reason I'm posting this is because it felt very emotionally overpowering to me.

Take it with a grain of salt. I'm not trying to tell you that the bible was made up, I just want to see others thoughts on the matter.

PS: On an unrelated note, when I was younger I used to think about something and it would happen almost the same way. This didn't happen all of the time of course, but enough to make me wonder about the power of thought.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
In my own opinion it would be hard to see the Bible as this book. The Holy Bible was actually written over many years, and by many different authors. I doubt the Bible was ever even in a recognizable "book" form before the dead sea scrolls were discovered.

However! The symbolism there does speak to me, and I can almost see it as being a symbol for the bible; except for the fact that the Bible covers way too many subjects for it to be related to any one event. Sure, there is that section about the end of world towards the back. What about the rest of the rest of it? What about the story of Noah? Or Paul? What about the story of the Jews being freed from Egypt? They can't all be related to one event? Those stories are all too different. The things that occured in them have no singular, event-related, connection that I'm aware of.

Even though I don't believe the vision to be related to the Bible I won't rule out the vision being related to an undiscovered text that we may stumble upon in the future...

...and perhaps this newly discovered text will be as important to us as it was to those who once held it with such respect.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by the_watcher]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I suppose it could have been another "holy" book, such as the Qur'an or the Sunnah, but I strongly feel that it was the Bible.

If we were going to write a book that was to convince people to be "pure" because the world got overpopulated with "evil" we would obviously need a story to convince people, not just a few pages. I believe the Mayans were very intelligent people, correct me if I'm wrong? They might have been different, some say even more advanced, but I believe the human brain and the understanding/manipulation of it has been the same for some time now.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
the tribe what did they look like; clothes, hair, skin tone. I get the thought thing a lot random things just stick. But the tribe if you could give some details on thier apierance (spelling) that could help.

top topics

join