It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone remember the movie..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It's an old movie, made in the early 80's i believe and stars the old wrestler Roddy Roddy Piper. As far as acting goes, it was terrible, actually the whole movie was atrocious..lol..but...the main plot kinda strikes a chord with me a bit. The main plot of the movie is that aliens are already here and transmitting signals through our television signals. It basically hypnotized people into not seeing things that were there. There was a small group of people that had figured this all out...and made special sunglasses to see the aliens among them. I can't remember all the details...but that's basically the basis for it..like i said it's been avery long time since i have seen it.

Just couldn't help but think how it kinda compares to how things are now. Television really does make people almost blind and ignorant to their surroundings...it can hide and spin the truth as most people fall in line with it..hook and sinker. They are told what to believe on tv..and that's all they need...because it'se easier that way.

I really don't know why this movie even popped into my head, it's been at least 10 years since i've seen it...dunno...just thought i'd mention it...

thanks

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The movie is called 'They' and is a classic due to the ridiculous fight scene near the end.

And the creepy aliens you can only see with the special ray-ban sunglasses.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I believe you are referring to "They Live"

www.imdb.com...

link   
its called 'they live' (one of my favourite films)

info

link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Yup, that's what I meant. Not 'They', but 'They Live'

My bad

link   
the film your afteris called they live dam good film aswell can imagine being used in todays world of advertizeing!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
bah...sorry i knew the name of the film...i typed it in the subject line...but it was toolong and it got cut off...sorry for that..

the best part of the movie was the very end...when they blew up the signal transmitter...and it showed 2 people having sex...and the guy was an alien...the broad screams...and he says..."What's wrong baby" or "what's the matter baby" ha don't remember exactly what he said i just know that it was funny when i seen it

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Why is this thread not in BTS???

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Can I have a fixed ATS CHAT for christmas Santa?

top topics

join