It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to figure out how to put a LINK in thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I am trying to figure out why I cannot post a LINK in a thread. I've posted a few threads before and managed to do it by simply putting the url in... i think.. anyway, can't seem to do it now and it killed one of my threads... Any assist would be greatly appreciated, if there is a button I am missing or formatting I should do...

I also see people place links and they are bold but display whatever text the OP wants, i.s using the word HERE and that is then the link.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

THE LINK BELOW IS THE ONE I COULD NOT GET TO POST TODAY -- the one above just a control.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../money/2008/07/21/ccview121.xml

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Okay, so the first link seems to be working the way that I have used them before. But have no idea what the problem is with the bottom link and that is not the first time it happened.

Here it is again -- please note that there is a portioon of the URL that does not expose itself and there is a ? in the middle of the URL and the link then splits down to another line even though there is plenty of room for it to go on the same line. Perhaps this is the issue?

www.telegraph.co.uk.../money/2008/07/21/ccview121.xml

And, again, if there is a button/box i can activate ala 'insert quoted text' which would allow me to use a hyper-text link that info would be greatly appreciated. Thanking in advance anyone who can help a sister out here!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
When you're typing your post there is a little globe, under the text size. If you click it a box will come up, you copy the link and what you want it to say.

Like this

Or with your link

[edit on 21/7/08 by enjoies05]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
here it is

Ok, tried it let's see how that works.

Thanks so much for your help enjoies!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
You're welcome.

new topics