It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born too late...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Have any of you ever felt that you were born too late? Because I know I do.

I was born in 1992 and grew up liking all three original star wars films, series such as home improvement, war films etc.

But as I got older and continued to watch them I realised I had never fully understood them at all and couldn't think why I liked them. Then as I started to like music i realised I prefered alot of music from the 80's more than modern music.

Then 9/11 happened, and I had an overwhelming feeling that I wanted to be there helping, and I get the same when I watch clips of the war in Afghanistan.

It just almost seems to be that I should have been borin in the 70's or 80's. Anyone else?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I have mixed opinions really, in one way I wish I had been older during the 90's to really have a greater understanding of the world today (I was born in '91), but in another way I hate to grow older since my childhood dream was to go into space, and as time passes I see that the world of space stations and colonies won't happen in my lifetime!

On the other had though, I am happy to be old enough now to take care of myself should SitX occur, I'd hate to be a child in such a world.

In the end, you just have to do with what you got!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Yes! I also feel as if I were "born too late". About 5000 years too late!
I have always been drawn towards ancient civilizations, especially the Celts and Norse peoples.
Do you believe in re-incarnation? I certainly do!
Since childhood I have had very lucid dreams of being and living in ancient times. Many mornings I awake to find myself back "here" and yearning to be able to just stay with my people in the "dream state". My dreams don't include anything fantastical, (unless you include all the battles I have been in). i.e. no monsters, no flying humans, etc....... just good old ancient times!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by umbr45

Exact same story here only I was born one year before you. Didn't your parents play a part in all of this though? They most likely introduced you to all those things you like. (that's the way it is here anyway) You could talk to Woodwych though if you think you had a past life. www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Aron1138]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
ive been told numerous times in my life i shouldve grown up in the 40's do to whatever reasons, im not sure

granted i like older things than newer

but i would not blend in too well with some of my ideology of that time or what i think of that

im pretty open and easy going

i often find myself stuck in reading lots of books that came from that era and movies and comedies like its a magnet to my persona

i dont know

who knows, im just glad im alive

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aron1138

Surprisingly no, my uncle may have introduce me to Star wars, but that is as far as it goes.

The rest I found all by myself without it being introduced by my parents.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by umbr45
reply to post by Aron1138

Surprisingly no, my uncle may have introduce me to Star wars, but that is as far as it goes.

The rest I found all by myself without it being introduced by my parents.

just playing on side of safe

starwars is awesome just as it is, does not require an age group at all really

timeless, classic in a sense you know

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
"I know I don't belong
And there's nothing that I can do
I was born...too late
And I'll never be like you"

-Saint Vitus, "Born Too Late"

Ha, doom metal has its uses sometimes.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by umbr45

Same here mate,

The film, music sort of stuff is probably just cause it was more meaningful back then and in general just better than the crap that comes out today. There's still some decent music today though. But yeah, I can see the past being a better place to live in too with lower crime rate and everything.

But there's a lot of advantages about living in the present with the advancements in technology at the moment. Compare some of the technology we have today with what we had 20-30 years ago.

I think when 9/11 and the 'war on terror' started a lot of people wanted to help, its basic human compassion. What you have to think about though is if you were that much older would you actually go there to help? You could be a completely different person when your older.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by umbr45

Well, youre hot, so you have that going for you. And second, maybe you died in the late 80s? Have you thought about hypnotherapy or something? It might be fun to try. Expensive in the sense that you never know, but worth a try I bet.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I've always felt like I would have been quite content living in the first half of the 1900s. I'm not sure why though. Unfortunately, if I were able to actually live during that period, I wouldn't be surprised to find that the way that decade is presented to us today is much, much different than it really was.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Alot of what everyone is saying is true. And I might try hypnotherapy when I have some more money to afford it, would be extreemly interesting to see what I find out.

I think I still would have gone over to help had I been older because I still want to join the army and go to Afghanistan. Not for the political reasons, but to do my part and help the guys that are already stuck out there.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
while you're at it you might as well be specific in your tastes

here's how it is for me

Music
-Rock
Led Zeppelin
80's one hit wonder songs (the ones everyone knows but they don't remember the band
)
Pink Floyd
AC/DC
Rolling Stones
Rush
The Doors
The Cars
Black Sabbath
Ozzy (of what was once Black Sabbath XD)
(The list goes on and on but you get the point)
(I also like alot of metal but hardly any Death Metal)
-Trance
Vocal Trance (via winamp)
-Jazz

Movies:
I've seen everything worth watching and more so :/
-sci-fi
-horror
-comic book films

Cars
Muscle (Mustang, Challenger, Charger, Hemi 'Cuda etc)
insane (Bugatti Veyron 0-100 in 5 seconds, 10 raidiators, more ram air than you can handle, ... it's a Bugatti
)

areas of interest or possible "obsession"

Marvel Comics
Computers
UFOs
Atlantis
Egyptians
Medieval times

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Aron1138]

new topics

top topics

join