It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Die Die Die Die ....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Ok.. I'm not a negative guy, and I hate the thought of death. But listening to a Denver radio station this morning, Jack FM (105.5 in Denver), that's all I got. I turned the radio, heading to the store to hopefully find my lost Blackberry before I went to work, and the station was just playing the word die over and over again. It sounded like perhaps part of a soundtrack, but just over and over.. Die Die Die Die Die.. with one accompanying drumbeat. Weird. Their saying is "Playing what we want." And they play lots of music, almost no commentary, I've always liked this station. But this was just odd. I thought it was perhaps a weird new song.

20 minutes later, just before I get to work, I'm flipping through the stations again, and it's still playing. Die die die die....

I just tried connecting to the web version, and something called "kjak" is supposedly playing, but no sound for me comes out.

Haven't heard something like that before, thought I'd post it here, since it's a weird thing, and a very particular word to repeat. Perhaps they are being taken of the air, and that's their last message to the broadcasting world? Or maybe it's a message of another sort. It's a digital station, there is no chance that it's a stuck record or CD.

Anyone in the Denver area, tune in, let me know if you hear it still.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
www.1055jackfm.com...
Its working ok.I cant imagine what it was.For more than 20 minutes saying die die die?
Thats bizarre.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
was it a song that got stuck on a word maybe? that would be my guess. maybe the dj's were doing a little hanky panky and didn't realize? still, that it would stick on the word "die" is weird for sure.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Dont panic, in German "die" (pronounced "dee") means "the"

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It's a fairly major station, so it was surprising. And I can't imagine any DJ doing that, keeping their job.

But as far as getting stuck, they are digital, far as I know, which means nothing to get stuck. It was just the word die looped and played for at least 20 to 25 mins. It actually creeped me out, couldn't listen to it for more than 15 seconds or so.

join