It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under the Great Pyramid - A natural cave formation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
This isnt "NEW AGE" crap that you usually find on Skunkworks...but I just found this interesting with a source[not new age] and one of my -> friends was at a local Egyptological society and the lecturer showed him a plan.

A natural cave is partly on the vetical shaft

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
As convincing as some theories might be and as much as I liked the Stargate movie (not the TV show though) I don't really buy into the Egyptians are aliens story.
I have for a long time however, believed there was more to the Pyramids underground that had either not been found or revealed to us.

Many of the Inca Pyramids and others around the world were built on top of caves and/or well like structures so why not the egyptian ones.

I dont have much more to add at this point, but just wanted to let you know you have my curiosity, and once I have had a chance to read the link properly I will come back with comments.
Ant

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Is it these two features that you are talking about?

The end of this passage levels off for 29 feet, has an unfinished niche, and then leads to a subterranean chamber. This curious chamber is only roughly hewn out of the bedrock and looks almost as though it is a quarry.

Along the east wall, halfway between the north and south walls, is a square cut shaft that has a depth of 15 ft. The bottom of this shaft is filled with rubble and debris and one account mentions that when cleared the shaft has a depth of almost 60 ft!

If so then I don't know what they are. It seems to me that maybe they quarried the rock from the niche and tossed it into the pit. To cover something up, maybe? I don't know.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I think I remember reading something about this once.Someone said it was to do with footings like in construction.And someone else said it was to do with an escape route for the last person in the tomb because they were heavily boobytrapped and it was the only last way out.Who can be ever sure though when no one can have access to them and the Muslims think they own them.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rockygilles

Has anyone been inside the Red Pyramid at Dashur? The last innermost chamber is a natural cave with SOME stone blocks (but also some rough natural stone and a constructed ceiling. Also there is one stone there in one of the blocks-walls that is set back a couple of feet, and made of much softer stone than the rest> Could this be a plugstone to another chamber or passage behind? If not, why is it like that?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
They knew about this long ago. The local government forbade them digging it out. There are a lot of unexplored caverns and holes in Egypt, they didn't see a reason to tear up around the Great Pyramid. If there is anything there, imo, it's probably something to do with the workers. Some burial area, perhaps some tools or who knows what.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Being_From_Earth
And someone else said it was to do with an escape route for the last person in the tomb because they were heavily boobytrapped and it was the only last way out.

If you read further, there's a specific escape route detailed called the "well shaft." This rubble pit does not have measurements, but it does not appear large enough for people. maybe it's an air shaft for whatever is underneath.

Go ahead and buy the "we woudn't want to destroy the pyramid!" excuse if you want to, but I don't. I wouldn't go as far as to believe Stargate, but it does seem like there are aspects of the pyramids and "unexplored" caverns of Egypt that the government (or other "powers that be") don't want us to know. With all the excavation done all over the world in attempts to find out more about our past, accessing records and essentially time capsules that already exist seems like a no-brainer.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
www.crystalinks.com...

u want to read the ancient texts....
it will tell the underground complex in great detail.
it will tell of its functions, its purpose.
it will tell one of the nature of things to come.

top topics

join