It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am i right about my friend?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Well my friend since 7th grade has just decided to have intercourse with her boyfriend that she has dated for a whopping 11 days (im rolling my eyes right now) but i keep telling her its against one of the christian commandments to ''commit adultry'' i believe it is stated, She says its ok if you love someone which i can understand but then i told her to wait until marriage and she says that they might divorce,well to this i reply with two comments.

1. Why would you date someone you couldnt see yourself with in marriage,i mean isnt that the whole point of dating?,to find someone to get married to and spend your life with?

2. Divorce is also a sin why are you all of a sudden going against your religion to achieve sexual pleasure?

Now, i am an agnostic,but despite that i want my friend to be a healthy religion nut like she has always been and if she does choose a different belief i want it to be of her own accord,not for some highschool fling.

So i go on to tell her that she shouldnt risk getting pregnant before she graduates at least highschool because it will ruin her education and career options. She say's that she want's to have intercourse with this boy to make him happy,because if he is happy she is happy,but im not convinced.

Please someone let me know who is right?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by spaced1

I let you know on the other thread.
Please mods, take this one down, not the other.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Isn't the fact that you are an agnostic telling her that she is breaking a commandment a bit of hipocracy?

Anyways, it isn't adultry that she is commiting, it is fornication.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Well yes i can see your point about the hipocracy but i was just saying that she was breaking some rules of her own religion i didnt mean to be a hipocrit lol ma bad XD

top topics

join