It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just don't get this.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Thsi is my first post so please excuse me if this has already been covered.

I have some questions about 911 and the fact that President Bush was at a school reading to kids.

How often, during his term, has he done this, or was this just a one time thing? This just seems too convienent to me.

Also, if I am not mistaken, he sat there for 7 minutes after the second plane hit. This just blows me away. And the look on his face will be burned in my memory forever.

Does anyone think it is possible that he might have not known about 911 and that the PTB just sent him to that school to get rid of him for the day?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zippy1958

Hi Zippy,

Welcome to ATS.

In my opinion, Bush acted like an idiot.

Did he know it or not... that is the question often debated here.

It was a national emergency.

I think what he should have done was very politely excused himself by saying something nice and calm to the children...

"Well, sorry children, as you know the President is always working. I have a very important matter to take care of. I am so sorry."

But see that is me Monday morning quarterbacking.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ThroatYogurt

Good to see you finally are seeing the other side of things. Promising indeed! Have a good one.

Z

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

I believe he just sat there because he didn't know what else to do since no one was telling him what to do.

It just strikes me everytime I see him that he's not smart enough to be an important pice in the pussle, althou I could be totaly wrong about that. But he just doesn't strike me as the most clever guy if you know what I meen.

But your point is actually pretty good thou, anyhow he should have reacted in some way beeing the president and all. But guess I might have been a little stunned myself in a situation like that

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Thank you for the welcome ThroatYogurt. And I agree with you. He should have excused himself. It was not very presidantial of him to just sit there with that stupid look on his face. I lost complete faith in him as a leader that day...if I even had any faith up to that point.

I sometimes think that he is just a pawn in all this and that Cheney is really running the show. W. is just not that smart.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TopSecretArea

I completely agree and if he was waiting for someone to tell him what to do, then he is more incompetent than I thought.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

Good to see you finally are seeing the other side of things. Promising indeed! Have a good one.

Z

Easy does it dude!

I am not an MIHOP or a LIHOP. That being said, I have a few questions that I want answered from Bush. One was what the OP stated.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Actually I really wonder how such an incompetent guy like Bush could become president in the first place. And I'm actually more stunned he got elected the second time arround as well, thats the most scary part in my opinion. But then again, that might have done something with the voting system to do?

Also, having a stupid guy like him in the lead might be an advantage to the real guys if so.

One thing is for shure thou, the guy can really make an ass out of himself sometimes.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by TopSecretArea]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
GW is actually very intelligent. I have a debate he was in before he was president archived somewhere that I will have to look up and link to.

He did however have a stupid look on his face that morning.

However, I wasnt looking at my own face when I found out, and I bet I was also dumbfounded.

Act or sincere? I couldn't tell you at this point.

Welcome to ATS. You may find more questions than answers here, but the answers you do find will shock you and the questions you raise will bettter your understanding.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Come to think of it, I am sure I had a very stupid look on my face too...eyes wide and mouth hanging open.

Thank you for the nice welcome. So far I have found some fascinating stuff here and I am looking forward to reading more.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I wonder why Bush remained among those schoolchildren even after it became apparent to everyone that America was under attack. If the country was under attack, why was the President not considered THE primary target? Why was he not immediately removed for his own safety and, especially, for the safety of the children? It is public knowledge that Bush was whisked to an underground bunker at a military base for his safety not long after leaving the school, and, if memory serves, Cheney was literally carried by Secret Service Agents to a bunker below the White House (which must have happened long before Bush left the classroom, if not before he even arrived). So, why the delay in concern for the safety of the President, himself, and no concern at all for the safety of the children?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I saw a documentary regarding what bush did, someone has asked him that question, his reply was along the lines of him not wanting to show fear in front of the kids, don't forget, at the time no one realised it was a terrorist attack.

As for him being whisked away to a bunker I believe that isn't true, he boarded Air Force 1 and they stayed in the air once they realised they were dealing with a terrorist attack, it is the safest place to be. This was also mentioned in this documentary.

Another thing mentioned was the breakdown of communications between Air Force 1 and the White House, apparently it was nearly an hour before they were able to get hold of anyone in the White House.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Rumpelstiltskin

Maybe he did not want to leave the children. "No child left behind".

Anyway, jokes aside, I believe that the whole scenario was planned to give Bush the illusion he was not involved. Remember that most of the time, diversionary tactics are used to push unwanted agendas.

Then again, there is not much evidence to analyze how someone reacts to certain situations. Everyone reacts differently. Secondly, just because the majority says they would have done something instead of just sitting there after the fact, does not mean that they actually would do so had they been put in the same scenario under the same info/intell that was relayed to them.

I think he knew, and his "acting dumb" orders were "extended" because he was not cued in a hastily fashion due unforeseen complications trying to keep other events from looking like an inside job.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
...don't forget, at the time no one realised it was a terrorist attack.

The above photo shows the moment Andy Card whispered into Bush's ear, while still in the classroom, that the a second plane crashed into the WTC, which was the same moment everyone watching television realized these were intentional attacks.

Originally posted by Chadwickus
As for him being whisked away to a bunker I believe that isn't true...

Photo shows Bush officials entering the bunker at Offutt Airforce Base on 9/11. Bush is not seen in the photo, but I believe there is no dispute that he was there.

Mod edit: Fixed quotes and image tags.

[edit on 1/12/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Unmask The Deception

Looks like I didn't do my image links correctly in my previous post. Apologies!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I can tell half-way through your question that you already believe in the bush planned 911 conspiracy, there is no way I can convince you so I won't ever try, but bush had nothing to do with 911, terrorists did, there were conspiracies within conspiracies among the terrorists and which terrorist actually planned and executed the plan but no U.S. citizen would ever do what the terrorists did, if you believe otherwise, the youtube propaganda videos have fooled you.

I've just recently noticed the mass ammount of propaganda videos on youtube, the youth today are facing a more severe propaganda effort than was seen during nazi germany, and these propaganda films unlike all of those during wwII will be believed by more, because the youth can simply choose a subject they are interested in and willingly view any propaganda video of their choice on any subject, because it's a more casual enviornment, and because they will choose to view this material it will psychologically be easier for them to accept and believe.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a 60 minutes on this subject. Basically you can't believe anything you read or see on the internet unless you are mature enough to have a healthy skeptical filter, the youth don't develop this filter until at least college in my opinion, and they are open to believing every ideology in the world no matter how corrupt.

An example, 99% of the videos on youtube entitled UFO are not UFOs at all, 1% might be, this is the type of filtering you will need to figure out, the same applies to any subject.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

And if I were the Agent in charge of the President's protective detail, my first action would have been to have the agents outside of the school to resweep the area to make sure there wasnt someone waiting outside the building. Oh, wait, that is what they did. They had their prinicipal inside a building where there was not a direct threat, so why do something rash and move him from a secure area (inside a "clean" building) to an area that you are not completely sure is clean (a motorcade)?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999

And if I were the Agent in charge of the President's protective detail, my first action would have been to have the agents outside of the school to resweep the area to make sure there wasnt someone waiting outside the building. Oh, wait, that is what they did. They had their prinicipal inside a building where there was not a direct threat, so why do something rash and move him from a secure area (inside a "clean" building) to an area that you are not completely sure is clean (a motorcade)?

Thanks Swampfox46_1999. I disagree but appreciate that at least your answer suggests you recognize the weakness of saying Bush remained in the classroom to spare the children from psychological fear. I'm sure the school itself was considered clean of bombs, but I don't see how it could have been considered safe enough from a nearby or semi-remote attack to risk jeopardizing the safety of the children, let alone the President. Apart from that, it also remains difficult for me to believe that it supposedly took 47 minutes for Bush to find out that Flight 11 had been hijacked, that is, if you count from the first phone call made to report the hijacking by stewardess Betty Ong at 8:19am. Apparently, it was 8:25 when the flight control center in Boston began to inform the chain of command of a possible hijacking of Flight 11, which still works out to a hefty 41 minutes before Bush was told. According to the official story, the President was one of the last people in America to find out that the country was under attack on September 11. Do you buy that?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I can't believe the responses in this thread.

Has it occurred to no-one that Bush was in an institution of learning and was probably for the first time in his life fully absorbed in a work of literature? Some people are late bloomers. Give the guy a break!

[edit on 12-1-2009 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
zip ... i like your signature

"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think. A. Hitler"

... with such a dire insight, you will fit in just fine here.

I had a similar awakening to politics as you did, i had followed politics via MSM like most sheeple, but since 911 i have had both eyes wide open, reviewing every nugget of info on or related to the subject.

I now look at politics as a world theatre, every role is played by an actor, until proven otherwise. Bush has from day one played a character, that has people more preoccupied with the question of his character then what his puppet masters are up to.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by The All Seeing I]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join