It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free energy concept

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'm going to make a few quote before i start with my concept.

Magnetic levitation, maglev, or magnetic suspension is a method by which an object is suspended with no support other than magnetic fields. The electromagnetic force is used to counteract the effects of the gravitational force.

Superconductivity is a phenomenon occurring in certain materials at very low temperatures, characterized by exactly zero electrical resistance and the exclusion of the interior magnetic field (the Meissner effect).

The electrical resistivity of a metallic conductor decreases gradually as the temperature is lowered. However, in ordinary conductors such as copper and silver, impurities and other defects impose a lower limit. Even near absolute zero a real sample of copper shows a non-zero resistance. The resistance of a superconductor, on the other hand, drops abruptly to zero when the material is cooled below its "critical temperature". An electric current flowing in a loop of superconducting wire can persist indefinitely with no power source. Like ferromagnetism and atomic spectral lines, superconductivity is a quantum mechanical phenomenon. It cannot be understood simply as the idealization of "perfect conductivity" in classical physics.

Alright i may have quoted to much and maybe unneeded but here we go.
If you have a superconductor with a magnet floating and spinning and have that magnet attached to a teslacoil could that create free energy. If so then if the rumors about ultraconductors are true and can operate at room temperature and have the same magnetic flux trapping properties as super conductors then wouldn't it be able to make free energy indefinitely requiring no energy input and producing energy constantly.

please enlighten me if this is flawed thinking. I'm just trying to think outside of the box

magnetic levitation

superconductors

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
By your description I can imagine a few different representations, try make a sketch of what you are describing please.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kingsnake

I'll doubt i'll have time to i get off work at 10 and have to be at work at 9 the next morning but i'll try if i have any free time between now and then.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

If you have a superconductor with a magnet floating and spinning and have that magnet attached to a teslacoil could that create free energy.

Uh, we're definitely going to need a little more information on what you're proposing.

You just threw a bunch of items in a group and asked if they'd work.

I'm definitely willing to give you an answer on this, but I'm going to need more information to start with.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
No. If something is being used to power your tesla coil then it would be slowed down in the process of driving the tesla coil. There would be resistance in driving the telsa coil which would slow it down. If there wasnt any resistance it would just run by itself, which it doesnt seem to do.

If this explanation is missing a few pieces it is because I answered it exactly how you posed the question.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KingIchigo

As long as the poles of the permanent magnet are spinning creating a current (AC)
it will work, becuase theres no electrical resistence, only the air. outerspace is a
good climate for this, since its a vacuum, and really cold, it would self sustain itself in orbit
sending the energy back down. i'm working on this, and somethiing similar to a quantum engine for my grad work. peace.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm going to give this a try, but as has already been stated, your proposal seems unclear. So if I make an error in what you're actually thinking, you'll no doubt forgive me and correct me, making your proposal clearer to everyone.

If you have a superconductor with a magnet floating and spinning and have that magnet attached to a teslacoil could that create free energy. If so then if the rumors about ultraconductors are true and can operate at room temperature and have the same magnetic flux trapping properties as super conductors then wouldn't it be able to make free energy indefinitely requiring no energy input and producing energy constantly.

First of all, any present superconductor requires a good eal of power to cool it beyond its critical temp. I know of no room temperature superconductor (someone correct me if I'm behind the times here).

If the magnet you have spinning above the superconductor encounters any opposing force (such as the force created when magnetic lines cut a conductor as in a Tesla coil), it removes energy from the system and slows or stops the spinning magnet.

The 'flux-trapping' property of a superconductor is due to the fact that an initiated current flows without resistance and therefore will never (theoretically) stop flowing. A flowing current creates a magnetic field, which is sustained indefinitely due to the fact that it does not change and therefore no magnetic lines cut through conductors in the immediate vicinity.

OK, that's my take, now tell me where I got it wrong so we all can understand you.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Keep in mind that magnets do not remain magnets forever. As the magnetic field is taxed, it will eventually weaken, the atoms won't be lined up anymore, and the item will cease to be a magnet. You could re-magnetize it, of course, but that takes energy.

top topics

join