It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you marry your cousin?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Although legal, and sometimes encouraged by some social classes and groups, is it wrong to marry your cousin? Would you marry your cousin if you loved them romantically? Or would you feel uncomfortable with the closeness of relations?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Personally, I wouldn't marry anyone.

With that said, though, I think relationships between cousins or siblings would be much more successful than those between non-relatives. In most cases, there is already some affection for your relatives, and I see no reason there can't be sexual attraction as well. Only because of societal taboos is this even a relevant topic for discussion. If I had a really good-looking relative and she wanted to go to bed with me I'd almost certainly accept the offer.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
hell yeah, der den boi. ain't nuttin like sex from yer cousin. *spits tobaccy*

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
hell yeah, der den boi. ain't nuttin like sex from yer cousin. *spits tobaccy*

Nice Hatfield and McCoy accent there. Now pass that there jug o'shine..

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The elite bloodlines seem to think it's a good idea. Mmmmmm.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Seeing as how good ol boy George Dubya and Elizabeth Tudor are cousins, one can see how Bush comes from a strong past history of inbreeding along the centuries. This might account for his mental retardation.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
Seeing as how good ol boy George Dubya and Elizabeth Tudor are cousins, one can see how Bush comes from a strong past history of inbreeding along the centuries. This might account for his mental retardation.

ROFLCOPTERS!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOpsychiczebra
Although legal, and sometimes encouraged by some social classes and groups, is it wrong to marry your cousin? Would you marry your cousin if you loved them romantically? Or would you feel uncomfortable with the closeness of relations?

It would depend on how close the cousin is to me. I wouldn't marry a first cousin, but I might marry a third or forth cousin. It would really depend on the situation. We are all cousins some how, it just depends on how close of a relative is the cousin.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Being a redneck might increase the odds.

Seriously, just the thought of it makes me sick

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOpsychiczebra
The elite bloodlines seem to think it's a good idea. Mmmmmm.

The elite bloodlines have thought a great many things to be a good idea, but thinking something is a good idea does not make it a good idea! Without the money I doubt those bloodlines would have lasted very long

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
My second cousin is smoking hot but I don't think I'd ever marry her, it would be way too weird and I doubt my family would be too cool with it either.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
No because my third cousin is my stepsister! Sound creepy but it just means that my dad married my moms first cousin after the divorce.

Man I feel like such a hillbilly right now!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
uhm no.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well...HELL no!

Do you want to marry your cousin, or something?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hell no, he's friggin ugly.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
From my fathers side I have over 26 FIRST cousins from his side only. I have only seen some of them ONCE or twice in my life! They live in france and morocco. I live in London.

Let's just say that I might find it a bit weird, but it's normal in morocco to marry cousins.

I guess having over 26 first cousins changes the view you have on cousins, none of them are close, I never grew up with any of them, and I have only seen them once or twice.

Plus they are beautiful. I mean really beautiful, like jessica alba or prettier. Also some are half french half moroccan, good combo.

But they are my cousin, and I have grown up in London, things are different here than in morocco. But my father(moroccan) has asked me about the possibility when I'm ready to marry. !!!!!!??!

So my answer is, I HAVE NO IDEA!!

But if I grew up around one of them, NO WAY!

Now I am not weird, it's just that things are different fo me than maybe others.
Reason being I don't really "know" many of them, and there is a cultrual difference where one side it is acceptable, maybe even recommended, and the other side where it is more like "EWWWW"

I'm stuck in the middle of that.

So I'm definetly gonna try and avoid marrying a cousin. There are plenty of other women, why a cousin? They say because you can trust them more. But whatever.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Phoenix, you big stud, im your cousin...lets get married...

well hey, you never know...worth a shot

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nuts!

Well If your not my cousin, and that marriage is the last thing on the list. Then I might consider giving it a shot

How about a themepark for our first date? I'm in need of feeling the fun of rollercoaster rides and g-force adrenaline fun again. I need my fix.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

well....sure, first date you get all that and more...haha, but there wont be need for a themepark...

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nuts!

I was gonna think of something clever to say in reply, but can't beat that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join