It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you like to get 200 Miles Per Gallon on Your Vehicle?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
There is supposedly a carburetor that can do exactly that, get you around 200 mpg on your car, and yes burning gasoline. Contrary to what you might be thinking, this is not a new concept. This carburetor, the Pogue Carburetor, has been around since the 1920's.
Charles Nelson Pogue, a Canadian, tried to patent this carburetor that he invented. A few people, who said that they have actually seen/used the carburetor, said it did exist.
After much pressure, by an unknown source, Mr. Pogue completely denies that he ever invented/applied for a patent for the carburetor.
If you were wondering, by chance how this works, "it completely vaporizes gasoline before introducing it to the cylinders, thereby extracting a great deal more energy from the fuel. According to the Pogue patent description, fuel was introduced into the engine in this vaporous "dry" state rather than in the normal droplet-laden "wet" state, thus combining more readily with air, making it burn with far greater efficiency. Better combustion combined with the raising of the engine's operating temperature from 160�F to 180�F were said to be responsible for vastly improved fuel economy."

Have I confused you yet?
Now to get to the point, why, aside from the BIG business factor, would the government ever suppress such an invention? Wouldn't this help solve A LOT of our natural resources and stop the meddling in Middle Eastern affairs for the profit of oil?
There are several inventions like this out there, but "it seems" that these inventors are always paid off.
When you read, on this site, about teleportation and anti-gravity flying contraptions, it makes it all more believeable.
What is your take on this?

Also, for further proof, and I believe that this was a slip up by the government, but the Volvo Corp, put together a complete female team to design a prototype of a car. This car's oil only needs to be changed EVERY 31,000 miles..... need I say more.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
so y weren't those cars sold sooner? it wouldve made us less dependent on foreign oil and we could probably afford to lose support of saudi arabia

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I think you should provide links to these claims, so that we can review the technical data behind them.

Right now all it sound like is that you are describing a compression ignition versus a spark ignition process. And, no, (since you asked for my take) I don't believe the claim of 200 mpg.

Provide a link, or a reference to a hardcopy book, please.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
ive heard about this invention before and i believe it exists/ed. i really dont understand why we dont have this type of technology with fuel injection. i wonder what kind of power could be achieved with the technology to vaporize the fuel before it enters the cylinders, could make for one hell of a sports car
. on your point about changing the engine oil, if you use synthetic oil you can go for 10s of thousands of miles if your engine is in good condition and you dont drive your car to hard. so, i dont think it was a "slip up" by anyone.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
From How Stuff Works.com

In trying to keep up with emissions and fuel efficiency laws, the fuel system used in modern cars has changed a lot over the years. The 1990 Subaru Justy was the last car sold in the United States to have a carburetor; the following model year, the Justy had fuel injection. But fuel injection has been around since the 1950s, and electronic fuel injection was used widely on European cars starting around 1980. Now, all cars sold in the United States have fuel injection systems.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
A carbuerator? Please, at least update the urban myth to make it a new fuel injector nozzle or something.

That one is as old as Henry Ford.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I think you should provide links to these claims, so that we can review the technical data behind them.

Right now all it sound like is that you are describing a compression ignition versus a spark ignition process. And, no, (since you asked for my take) I don't believe the claim of 200 mpg.

Provide a link, or a reference to a hardcopy book, please.

Here are a couple of links:

www.rexresearch.com...
himacresearch.com...

I hope this helps. I can acquire more information if need be.

My point is, that if the gov't allegedly already has this technology, why not share it?
Allegedly... most of the "new" technology that we have now, is already several years, if not decades old.
What more is there to hide?

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by cheshire cat]

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Please see my link to Snopes.

That is one of the oldest "modern" urban legends around.

Did you also hear the one about the tablet that you drop into a gallon of water? it turns into instant gasoline.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Please see my link to Snopes.

That is one of the oldest "modern" urban legends around.

Did you also hear the one about the tablet that you drop into a gallon of water? it turns into instant gasoline.

Yes, I know about snopes.... it happens to be one of my favorites. But, even though it's considered an "urban legend", wouldn't that exactly be what the gov't wants you to believe?
I'm just reading between the lines.....
I'm reluctant to accept anything at face value, especially when so much could be at stake. I'd like to have better mileage on my gas guzzling V-8. That would be over $100 a month I'd save.
Going out on a limb, the "oilmen", should we say illuminati, would be the biggest losers, and we know that no one likes to take a loss.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Well if you want, try looking at it from a pure physics, engineering point of veiw. How much energy can you extract from burning a gallon of gasoline/

How mauch of that energy is going to be lost through heating of the engine, heating the air, friction, etc.

How much energy does it take to push a car 200 miles?

I don't think a redesigned carbuerator is going to change those numbers.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This story has been around at least since I was a kid (thats a long time) and as far as I know its crap. Even if the oil companies had bought the patient it would have expired by now. I know if I had it I would be a bizillionare right now.

top topics

join