It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spike in paranormal activity in my house.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Well for twelve of the thirteen years I've lived here things have been kinda quiet, but now, some things are starting to freak me out. In the past week this has happened.

-When i finished watching something on DVR, I neglected to erase it from the list or do anything for a minute or two, then it suddenly begins to play again by itself. I was the only one home, and the remote wasn't near me.
-I am now perpetually seeing "shadow figures" out of the corner of my eyes, Sometimes right in front of me, but when i look, it's gone
-Once, when I was trying to sleep, a pretty stable pile of magazines and books fell off the bookcase above my head and hit me on the head. It had been there for a month, but NOW decided to fall. And these are hefty books, so it would require some force to knock them down.
-This one may be my imagination, but i keep thinking i'm hearing footsteps late at night.
-This didn't happen to me before, but now, sometimes, I feel watched or like there is someone following closely behind me.
What do you guys think?

[edit on 20-7-2008 by sobek52]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Just sounds like a troublesome spirit or poltergeist to me.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sobek52

You may want to put a recorder where there is a lot of activity and see if you get any voices or other noises. As the above poster stated, it could be a poltergeist.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Thats what I used to think years ago, but then things quieted down. Nowadays, Whenever I hear or see something unexplained, I always search for a logical source. But I just can't find one.
For the recording, could i use a normal cassette one, or must it be digital?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Have you started renovations in the place recently?
That seems to be linked to an increase in paranormal activity.
BTW, you can use any form of recording device to capture noises, some are more sensitive than others.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I was going to say renovation. I grew up in a house with a poltergeist. it wasn't a frightening one or malicious just around. I noticed that it sometimes gravitated to new objects in the house. Not all new objects but only certain ones. one was an african wood carving. another was a jacket, and another strangely was a rock. granite with a bit of cement around it here and there about the size of a grape fruit. There were other things. but sometimes objects can act like a beacon to a poltergeist.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
No renovations. But we did have some septic work done recently. And (this is probably nothing, but i will mention it any way) we had a big party, and people that very rarely if ever come came, and 4 people slept over.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I had a similar problem but i started to pray every single day and it went away.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Oh yea, and the other night, i went outside to feed the cats, and i heard a clicking coming from the grill. I investigated. It seemed the ignition sparker thingy kept trying to light gasses that weren't there. It continued as I came over to it, so no person did it.

Also, for YEARS, late at night, always from the same spot on the floor, there is a dull tapping. Sometimes two in unison. I looked downstairs. Nothing seemed amiss, and now it came from above, like it was IN the floor!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Oh yea, and the other night, i went outside to feed the cats, and i heard a clicking coming from the grill. I investigated. It seemed the ignition sparker thingy kept trying to light gasses that weren't there. It continued as I came over to it, so no person did it.

Also, for YEARS, late at night, always from the same spot on the floor, there is a dull tapping. Sometimes two in unison. I looked downstairs. Nothing seemed amiss, and now it came from above, like it was IN the floor!

SORRY, ACCIDENTAL DOUBLE POST

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
-I have DVR and it does the same kind of thing. So I would wave that one.

- the shadow figures. Now, I've had experiences with that too but it COULD be paranoia.

-About the pile of magazines/books... well, that sounds entirely normal. Things that hold any weight will shift itself overtime and sometimes break, nomatter how sturdy it is. A month ago, my closet shelve broke after a few heavy boxes sat on it for about 2 years. I never mess with those boxes or the shelve.

-the footsteps could probably be your house shifting on it's base. All houses do it, but it's more noticeable at night since it's so quiet.

-Feeling like you're being watched is perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the universe gets that.

However, the grill and thudding in the floor problems do seem pretty odd.

top topics

join