It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone offer tips on reading Tarot cards?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I have used Tarot cards for years. It is important to find a deck that resonates with you. If you are a beginner I suggest you do not use the Marsielles Deck. Many of the cards are hard to interpret as to whether reversed on upright.

As one previously mentioned the Celtic Cross is probably the easiest spread to use.

Also pulling the death card does not always represent death. Only in one case have I ever pulled it where it was the an actual event.

If you are unsure of how to read a card, then simply go with your heart or your first instinct. The cards are a guide, just as in palm reading. You can use them to find direction and/or change the course of events.

When you use them most likely there will be a calm about you or sometimes when there is pressure or pain a person is dealing with you might find yourself apprehensive. Do not give in to this but use it alert you to some perceived (real or not) fear or action that is present.

Be honest always - no matter if you know the other does not want to hear what you have to say. This is the most difficult. If it helps, I just say bluntly and to the point. Dont go the, "I hate to say this" bit. That only makes it worse.

Often the other will be shocked at first, but given without any emotion they will ultimately understand the truth in your words.

Love and Peace

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
double post - not sure how that happened - Sorry...

[edit on 8/25/08 by rezial666]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'm really glad I found this thread when I did -- I pulled my cards back out after a year or so of disuse.

I'm also trying to improve the tinwiki.org article on tarot cards, and I think some of the people who posted here would have really valuable knowledge to contribute. There are some rules: it has to be written in an objective, "encyclopedic" way (i.e., don't address the reader directly; don't say "some readers think it's okay to read for oneself but they are wrong" etc.)

What was there when I found it basically seemed to have been taken straight from the little 3-page pamphlet that came with a deck of cards. Better than nothing, but more instructive than informative, and very little about the history of tarot, nothing about Jung, or Kabbalah; no discussion of different sorts of decks ... You get the picture.

If you're interested in contributing, the article is at: www.tinwiki.org/wiki/Tarot_cards

You can edit an article anonymously, but it's no big deal to sign up. It's directly affiliated with ATS, so you're not giving your email to anyone new or anything like that.

Edit: making the link link

[edit on 25-8-2008 by americandingbat]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

When reading for the public, I always took the Death and the Devil cards out of the Major Arcana.

[snipped so I dont get points deducted again, lol]

I think that this is very valuable advice! Thanks

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Look up Nancy Shavick. She rocks with Tarot interpretation. Order one of her books. Gives you more than the generic, poobah meanings you find in the game-book inserts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join