It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are hollywood movies junk?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
All of the movies I've seen this summer are just junk. They are not good. I've seen a few movies-- but-- they don't match the quality of a story that you would find in a book. Most movies are just super hero action flicks or comedy films. I honestly think that you can only find good plots in novels. They don't have really good plots in most movies nowadays.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Pick up a copy of the book Disney War. I read it this spring and it was interesting the corporate shenanigans that go on in the movie business.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
i tend to find it hard to watch anything on DVD or at the movies over quite a few years now.

yet another cop action flick.. drunk down and out cop gets recruited for some do or die mission, obviously he wins.
add car chase, a brawl, maybe shoot out or two.

yet another horror flick
chick runs to door, stumbles on high heels, gets up and runs to door, fumbles with keys, gets in just in time.

i could list a million other scenario's.

lather, rinse, repeat.

sometimes someone comes out with a movie which is unique and has a great story.

when will they realise special effects dont make good movies. a good plot, characters + acting cast ALWAYS make the movie. special effects are merely icing on the cake.

icing on its own is not cake... its just sweet and sickly
cake on its own may not be fancy but its still cake and can be enjoyed by all.

[edit on 20/7/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
They value the release date more than the quality of the film. They all have ran out of ideas also.

Plus, they are pressured to release movies more quicker because the general public has shorter attention spans these days. It's kinda of a catch 22 situation. The public gets boarded because the movies aren't that good and that forces the industry to make more instead of better quality films to stay profitable .:bnghd:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMysticism

You raise some good points there.

Maybe this is why the UK film industry is still producing some excellent films.

Seems the hollywood "bubble" has finally sealed itself up...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Support independent films. Lots of good stuff coming out of Australia and even Korea in the past 10 years.

Some of my faves, though have been from Pixar. But Disney and Pixar have some strange history, and a lot of the old Disney hand-drawn illustrators lost their jobs over Pixar's success and Disney's reaction.

Some of them have no compassion, especially at the very top, and a lot of good movies get canned that should have been made.

One of my faves was 'The Earthling' with Willian Holden and Rickey Schroeder.

Holden was a troubled man, in later years, I think because he caused an accident due to his drunk driving.

en.wikipedia.org...

But he was a great actor and this was one of his last films.

new topics

top topics

join