It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Afghanistan, Obama Visits Troops and Officials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Senator Barack Hussein Obama stopped in Afghanistan on his trip designed to shore up his thin foreign policy experience. However, the timing of his trip is questionable, since he has already defined his strategy for Afghanistan and Iraq. Ususally one goes on a fact-finding misson before one creates a strategy. An image comes to mind:

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
If I see another clip of Obama playing basketball in Afghanistan, I think I am going to puke. It must be the highlight of his trip so far?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

He'll be going to Iraq, now that it is safe to go. Seems like the surge, which he called a failure, has worked to protect his narrow ass.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
However, the timing of his trip is questionable, since he has already defined his strategy for Afghanistan and Iraq. Ususally one goes on a fact-finding misson before one creates a strategy.

Yes, I've heard that meaningless talking point quite often since Obama left.

I told my husband, "Well, I'm planning to make chicken a-la-king for dinner tonight..." THEN I went to the store. They didn't have the right kind of chicken, so I had to REFINE my plan and decide on a different strategy.

I'm still going to make dinner.
It's still going to be served at the same time.
It's still going to be chicken.
But I had to go the the store before I made a concrete commitment to the specifics of dinner.

I know it's a pretty tough concept to wrap one's mind around, but give it a try.

But yeah, keep with the McCain talking points.
They're mighty powerful!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
So he wants firsthand information before he finalizes his plans--it's more than most of our politicians do. And why shouldn't he milk the basketbal clip for all it's worth? It reminds the masses that he's black, which might very well be what makes the numbers balance out in his favor. That's why I support the man. He's more than a politician, he's a politician with charisma--which is exactly what we need. Out of all the ways Bush screwed the nation over, one of the worst was the damage he did to our image--and Barack Obama (oh, excuse me, I forgot his shifty Ay-rab middle name) has the people skills we need to mend some of that damage. Frankly, the mere absence of Bush might be able to help almost as much...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by jsobecky
However, the timing of his trip is questionable, since he has already defined his strategy for Afghanistan and Iraq. Ususally one goes on a fact-finding misson before one creates a strategy.

Yes, I've heard that meaningless talking point quite often since Obama left.

Thank goodness you're not responsible for strategy.

I told my husband, "Well, I'm planning to make chicken a-la-king for dinner tonight..." THEN I went to the store. They didn't have the right kind of chicken, so I had to REFINE my plan and decide on a different strategy.

I'm still going to make dinner.
It's still going to be served at the same time.
It's still going to be chicken.
But I had to go the the store before I made a concrete commitment to the specifics of dinner.

I know it's a pretty tough concept to wrap one's mind around, but give it a try.

But yeah, keep with the McCain talking points.
They're mighty powerful!

About the only thing in common between your analogy and real life is that they both involve a chicken.

new topics

top topics

join