It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The X-files used as reverse disinformation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Could it be that maybe....just maybe....the stuff in the x-files is real.
my theory is that the government could be training us to think that such things are only fiction. when we see stuff about aliens we think, "man that could never be true". the government or should i say shadow government could be taking true stories and putting them in a fictional tv show to keep us thinking that things of that nature are purely fiction.

so what do you think about the idea of The x-files being reverse disinformation?

p.s. this is just an idea i do not think this is 100% reality.

BUT IT COULD BE!!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
maybe. it makes sense that to destroy what a man works for, make it seem like fiction. after all, the truth is stranger than fiction. space aliens are weirder than a boy wizard who has a scar or a bunch of orphans followed by a mean Count Olaf who wants their money. i'd say it makes sense but since there is no exact evidence to back up your claim, i'll have to wait to make my definitive decision. but the Federal Bureau of Investigation FOIA does document:

The "X Files" was a 1993 television show on the Fox Television Network. The show involved the FBI's investigation of fictional cases concerning "paranormal phenomena". The FBI was not contacted during the filming of this television program.
so this could be a way to throw off the people by using common sense. the people wouldn't believe it was real if the FBI wasn't asked permission about it. that's the first mistake we all make: trusting the government. they lie and cheat and murder and steal yet the ones who dare to question the government's motives are* "apatriotic terrorists who are responsible for such atrocities as 9/11." the government makes me sick to my stomach. or should i say their controlling Gestapo-esque nature.

*edit for clarification on one point. used to read "...yet the ones who dare to question are..."

[edit on 18/7/08 by iwant2believe1992]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
yeah, actually some of the stuff IS "real" a lot of it is based on weird stories and reports. That's how the show came to be in fact. Although it is true as the more the show progressed the more they started using their own ideas. I'm sorry but the government and Chris Carter aren't related.

For the people who want to believe it's a conspiracy though. I leave you with the new "I have no recollection of that moment.". In the words of "Dubya" Bush *heh heh* ::half smirk:: "I haden't heard dat yet!"

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Personally i think they have to get thier ideas somewhere right? I mean, look at star trek.

They had the little walkie talkie things, at the time the show came out it was something 'futuristic' that was fictional, years later, bam, cellphones.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Dude, Walkie Talkies were awesome in the 60's that's it! Gene Roddenberry didn't have a portal to the future or a psychic informant! Do you really think the cell phone of the 80's looked anything like a communicator?
(although his view of the future has always been the coolest and the most optimistic)

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Aron1138]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Also something that i just cant seem to figure out is the drop in educated citizens vs. the technology advancement rate. Total backwards correlation between the two, people get dumber, and more advanced things keep comming out to the public faster and faster.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It's simple actually: People get lazier because they can depend on the government, technology, etc. for everything. If you want to play a game you click on the icon. You don't have to do what you had to do on a Commodore 64 or even DOS for that matter.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
of course there are those that use linux
seeing as how most viruses and malware are designed for windows, better safe than sorry

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Unfortunately, there are many who do read fiction and want to believe it's true to the point they get confused. Many say it is a way to bring us up to speed and I really don't trust the government to tell the truth about UFOs anyway. Especially after Roswell.

Disinformation or not, it makes us think. And because this is a conspiracy site, I think it's easier to handle skepticism in many ways as part of the big picture. So, either way, it's some type of cover-up disinformation agenda.

Using science fiction as way to confuse us seems like typical government propaganda. I would sooner believe these stories are inspired by the supernatural than the government.

Some might suspect that the aliens are actually behind the cover-up and controlling the government. In many ways, it's all special effects from some type of technology.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Entertainment. That is what it is. There can be no other 'safe' interpretation of what you see on the screen. The showbiz folks are very good at confusing us, don't even try to make a reality out of a fiction. "You're focus determines your reality" - some Jedi reportedly said that. (Ironic, no?)

top topics

join