It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That New York Times Obama interview tape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Nicholas Kristof of the New York Times has in his possession a tape recording of an interview he had with Barack Obama on February 27, 2007. The interview took place in Obama’s senate offices. From this interview, Kristof produced a column that was in the New York Times on March 6, 2007.

In a tape recording of this interview, Obama allegedly provided Kristof with a recitation, from memory, of the Muslim call to prayer in perfect Arabic.

The internet world is saying 'allegedly' because the New York Times has made reference to the tape, but has not produced it.

New York Times

Obama Web Site

Word Press

The New York Times, a very liberal propaganda rag, is so far withholding the recording. It is either doing so because it thinks the tape is not newsworthy or because they want to influence the election.

BTW - According to Obama, the Muslim call to prayer is “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset."

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This is being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
OOOH ... someone posted it over in that forum? I just saw that and they are discussing something about Obama having an Arab accent???
(kinda lame - IMHO)

I saw this as a New York Times - playing with the election - kind of thing.

Having a copy of the tape ... not releasing it ... trying to influence the election.

Whatever. I'll let the mods figure out what to do with this.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It does make a body wonder why they won't release it? Maybe they've been asked not to, who knows..

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
It does make a body wonder why they won't release it?

The New York Times .. propaganda rag.

If they released the tape then it would confirm, for many people, that Obama did indeed study or learn at least some Islam. The report says that Obama said the prayer 'perfectly' - which requires some time and effort to learn.

It also says Obama thought that the prayer was 'the most beautiful sound on earth.' That's not exactly going to win him Evangelical votes in America, is it?

The New York Times does indeed hold information that voters would want to know about. But they are withholding it. I can't help but think they are trying to influence the election.

Typical MSM .. propaganda and bias .... instead of a news outlet.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I honestly couldn't decide whether it was supposed to be a "fluff" piece, or and "Expose".. I wonder if the author was being intentionally vague?

[edit on 18-7-2008 by LLoyd45]

new topics

top topics

join