It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream World?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
There's a bizarre thing that's been occurring to me for a very, very long time.

In my dreams, it's like a world of its own, sounds normal, right? But every night when I go to sleep, I go to the same dream world, it's almost nothing like my world except for place names, people, and some of the buildings. Every night I start off randomly, like whatever my dream self per se is doing at the time that I go to sleep it is the time that I will come in at, like he functions and lives even while I'm awake, when I come in I have the knowledge that things have happened while I'm away, and these dreams ALWAYS carry over. The places are always in the same place unless something happens to them, and if someone dies in my dreams - they're dead and they'll never come back. I can't say I can control the being in my dreams either, it's like I'm just watching through his eyes and I get to make some decisions here and there by telling him things mentally using logic. In these dreams I realize that it is indeed a dream, but the laws of physics and such that we abide by here are useless over there because the technology is different.

I've questioned a few of my friends about what it could possible be and one suggested lucid dreaming, I looked into it some and he told me about something he read online in a guide on how to lucid dream he said in the guide it explained that eventually you will see a dark figure of sorts looming over you and then you'll be paralyzed (yay, sleep paralysis). I actually did have a dream similar to that description though right around the time that the continual world began in my dreams.

I don't mind the continuation of my dreams what so ever, in fact, I find it kind of fun, but I'm really wondering if it's affecting me on this side, I seem to lose track of things a lot and I can barely remember anything, and sometimes I'll refer back to things that have happened in the other reality when people ask me about something. I can remember everything on that side so well, yet I sometimes have trouble remembering things on this side.

There's also something else in my dreams that I'm worried about, like what happens if my dream self dies..? Would I cease to dream...? Also, there's a substance that is in my dreams that the people there call "Corrupted data" I don't know what it is exactly but it seems to spread more and more each time I see it (which isn't too often luckily) it looks like ice that is black and has specks of white in it, much like if you were looking at a clear sky at night.

It's so odd being there sometimes, he has a different birthday (mine's in april and his is late june/early july I haven't been able to determine exact dates yet, he usually celebrates it around then though) and he has locations, yet these locations are familiar to me now as well, I can remember them as well as I can the streets I walk everyday, maybe even better sometimes.

I was just posting this to see if any one has an explanation, or maybe even someone else has the same thing? Sorry if I'm weird...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Hello.

I have read your post. And when you dream today or tonight, you will see my face.

And then after the thunder, you dream world will be no more...

I will ride in on a pale horse flying off the cliff with trumpets playing, that will be me. Later friend.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by '___'eed]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Thst reminds me of a book series I read when i was a kid. It was about this group of teenagers that stumbled upon this otherworld. Whenver they fell asleep in the 'real world' they would wake up in this other world, and whenever they fell asleep in the otherworld, they would wake up in thier reality. I forget the name of the series and wish i could remember it cause now i really wanna read them all again -.-

EDIT: The name of the series is Everworld, going to go find them somewhere on ebook so i can download them and read them all over again

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Xilvius]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Sounds kind of cool actually, without the side effects it would be better though. I really don't know what it is, but I find these kinds of things interesting so it would be cool if someone had an explanation.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Perhaps its astral projection to a place where you are needed to accomplish something. As far as anyone could tell you it could be any number of things. That's the only issue with things that happen while we're asleep, it could just be mental interferance from everyone else. (there is a such thing as the collective conscious)

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I've noticed that I also revisit familiar surroundings in my dream world, not all the time though. Sometimes it won't be until years later but once it happens you clearly remember that you were in this place before.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The first thing I thought of when I read the post was the Neverending Story and that "Corrupted Data" sounds like the "Nothing" from the movie. It's interesting that the OP mentioned technology because usually in my dreams things are different but it's not because of technology.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

orignally posted by '___'eed
I have read your post. And when you dream today or tonight, you will see my face.

And then after the thunder, you dream world will be no more...

I will ride in on a pale horse flying off the cliff with trumpets playing, that will be me. Later friend.

I did not see anything as such last night in my dream, but I do not necessarily want the dreams to end, it's interesting and comforting to see that world sometimes.

orignally posted by Xilvius
Thst reminds me of a book series I read when i was a kid. It was about this group of teenagers that stumbled upon this otherworld. Whenver they fell asleep in the 'real world' they would wake up in this other world, and whenever they fell asleep in the otherworld, they would wake up in thier reality. I forget the name of the series and wish i could remember it cause now i really wanna read them all again -.-

EDIT: The name of the series is Everworld, going to go find them somewhere on ebook so i can download them and read them all over again

That book series sounds very interesting, I might have to pick it up - it sounds worth a read! ^_^ Although, not quite like my situation because I cannot swithc by falling asleep, I go to sleep and then am seeing through the poerson in my dream's eyes from wherever I come in at, it's different everyday, sometimes I go in while he's asleep and see nothing till he wakes up, and at other timnes I'll go in when he's busy with something. It's interesting though to say the least.

orignally posted by W35M4N
Sounds kind of cool actually, without the side effects it would be better though. I really don't know what it is, but I find these kinds of things interesting so it would be cool if someone had an explanation.

Even with the side effects sometimes it's alright. It's almost worthwhile to be living two lives sort of. ^_^

orignally posted by Xilvius
Perhaps its astral projection to a place where you are needed to accomplish something. As far as anyone could tell you it could be any number of things. That's the only issue with things that happen while we're asleep, it could just be mental interferance from everyone else. (there is a such thing as the collective conscious)

I'm unsure what it is that I'd need to accomplish though, unless I just go until I die. Or maybe it has something to do with the corrupted data?

orignally posted bySpaceman_Ziff
I've noticed that I also revisit familiar surroundings in my dream world, not all the time though. Sometimes it won't be until years later but once it happens you clearly remember that you were in this place before.

It's so cool to end up in the same place sometimes, it makes you feel at home even in your dreams

orignally posted by tinsfoilsrule
The first thing I thought of when I read the post was the Neverending Story and that "Corrupted Data" sounds like the "Nothing" from the movie. It's interesting that the OP mentioned technology because usually in my dreams things are different but it's not because of technology.

Wow, I've never seen that movie, but lately it's been showing up all around me convinietnly in conversation and in the media, maybe I should really take the time to watch it finally. I really hope that I can find a good explination someday... I just hope to keep finding clues and seeing things develop.

[edit on 7/17/2008 by Ikkida]

[edit on 7/17/2008 by Ikkida]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
The same thing happens to me, has been for the last 5 years or so. I dream of the same place, it seems to be rather large, I've been to many different locations but they all seem to be evolving in real time, buildings get additions, people grow older and things change. I came to the realization that it could be more than imagination just recently. I was at work in the waking world and I was thinking of a dream I had about 4 months ago where me and a friend used a key to open a door in the wall enclosed in the home of someone I didn't know. We tried the key and it didn't work. Now I had a dream about two nights ago where I was with the same person doing the same thing with a different key, and I remember him telling me "what makes you think that’s going to work this time?" So it would seem there’s a connection there. There is also a mall in these dreams and this mall grows as stores are added but the layout stays the same. There are wide open planes there as well and I have seen tornadoes one night and weeks later I will be in the same place once I fall asleep and see the aftermath of their destruction. Another aspect of these recurring dreams is very strange indeed. When they first started to occur I was about 14 and I remember being pursued by someone in a decrepit inner city sort of environment, I got out into an empty parking lot and looked up, I remember thinking it strange that the clouds were a shade of dirty brown, like they were made of sawdust or something, the sort of color you'd expect on a muggy day almost. As I looked up though I jumped, jumped as hard as I could, and I kept going up and up, until I was maybe 15 feet from the ground. I could feel myself falling quickly though so i concentrated, hard, harder than I ever have in real life, I thought "go up! go forward!" and clumsily I went, twisting and turning until I fell into the greenery of a forest and woke up. This was the first time I ever "flew" in my dream world, it didn't happen often but recently it has begun again, but it seems I am getting better at it, I can direct my body towards different directions and keep myself away from obstacles. Last night in particular was interesting, I flew between a few groups of trees and landed near a group of people, a few which I recognized. I don't know why but I knew they couldn't see me, well one of them could but she didn't make a big deal of it. We talked and she brought me inside this little office and asked me to move her stapler, but not with my hands, she wanted me to will it to move. The stapler wouldn't budge so I suggested we start smaller, I had a thumb tack brought out to me and I was able to spin it and make it hover over the desk which continued until I woke up. When I have these dreams I wake up feeling more refreshed than ever, anyone experience anything similar?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Very interesting... I've had many similar experiences, revisiting the same 'place' in a dream..sometimes even seeing others from the 'real world' there, also being confirmed by those people later on (this is VERY rare, however).

I put together something crude a year or so ago about different types of dreams and this is what I've put down for #3:

--------------------
3. The habitual perpetuate (this would be where the ever-expanding worlds take place).

a. Everybody has, at one time or another, entered an already-familiar 'dream doorway'. There are recurring 'places' that we go to time and time again, but have clearly varying experiences within. These are typically mental in nature but I believe they can often cross over into the astral.

b. There have been instances - some of which I have experienced myself - where two or more people have shared the same dream, even to the point of interacting within the dream. I believe that the brain and soul are more closely connected than can be measured by science, and that in this occurance, it is possible that the brain 'broadcasts' a sort of astral 'signal' to other people you may know - or sometimes don't know (this has also happened to me)- , whose own minds are busy doing the same. Whether or not a shared dream experience is always 'attained' or indirectly laid on peoples' minds for some higher, unknown purpose, it can't be sure. However, it can be sure that this is a more spiritual dream than most, where the 'traveling without moving' sensation is immediately identifiable. ***NOTE*** The sensation simile is not a *defining* trait of an astral dream experience, but rather one most common to the progeny.

A 'visionary' projection can also occur and blurs the lines between dream 2 and dream 3. Whether or not this is within the context of a literal spiritual experience, I cannot say.
--------------------

For reference, I opened the writeup mentioning a few things about Frank Herbert's "Dune" universe, using the properties of the spice Melange as a character for what I would be consistently mentioning throughout. The spice enables men to 'fold space'.. that is, travel without moving. Think of it as putting a marker on the far edge of a piece of paper, then folding the paper completely in half so that the marker is on the other side in immediacy.

I believe that is a fantastic analogy of the extent of what we can *presently* experience in the spiritual realm, living in our earthly, pre-reign bodies. It is how we move, how we see, how we think - in a spiritual and sometimes a dream domain. I think the two are linked, as I said, but on the same token... I think I'm also pretty ignorant of many of the technicalities involved and wouldn't go so far yet to claim much of what I've said as fact. But I do have a big interest in it.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousTraveller

WOW. There ARE others out there who have very similar things as to mine. This is very cool, I thought I was alone! Everything that you described happens to me as well, with your tornado thing - I've never seen a tornado in my dreams, but about 3 months ago there was a HUGE fire and it's still going in some places to my dreams to this day. As far as the flying thing - I've been doing that in my dreams for quite awhile, ever since I was little, I love those dreams too because when I wake up I always feel as though I can really do it in 'real' life. I've always wanted to try, but, coincidentally, every time I have one of those dreams I've woken up sick and was unable to try it..

I'm just so happy that I'm not the only one... I had a weird dream about a year ago where I seen a gigantic ufo, but I wasn't afraid of it (I'm not afraid of them in real life either) so I caught their attention and got them to abduct me and when I was on board their ship they showed me all of the different models of ufos and what they meant, and what effects each one has on whoever is abducted, some were good effects like healing and calming and others were bad like fear and such. It was really cool, in another one of my dreams later on, I went to the mall and I seen one that flew over head and it was shooting lasers and everyone was running away but I just stood there, it was very surreal to see it fly over me.

top topics

join