It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question with US Constitution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I am not sure if this has been brought up before or if it even means anything, but it might be a reason why government keeps ignoring the Constitution.

Here is the Preamble: We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America..

Notice the bolded section? Now lets compare that with the oaths of office. First the president: I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. That was for the president now lets see what the legislature must take an oath too: I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God. And lastly for the judiciary: I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

So there we have it, the preamble describs the new type of government we will have and it is called the "Constitution for the United States of America". So what is the document that federal officials take an oath to "Constitution of the United States". I don't know what that is, there isn't any referance made to such a document; is it made up.

Ok if you haven't seen it yet the preamble has "for" while the oaths have "of" in its place. Second the preamble says Untied States of "America" while the oath just says United States and ommitting America. These must be 2 entirely different documents, I would love to read the Constitution of the United States it must give the feds unlimited power.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This has been talked about before. I'm new here, but remeber disscussing this elsewhere. The issue of the reverse flag on the arms of the soldiers was linked to this as well. I don't think thats all that important as that symbol does not appear else where in the states. The wartime flag thats been flying for a long time vs the peace time flag is signifacant though. The war time flag could represent United States.

join