It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Mr. Obama...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Please, explain to me exactly how a "Constitutional Law Professor" goes and votes for legislation that permits post ex facto along with the evisceration of the entire Fourth Amendment?

Constitutional Lawyer

And then releases a statement of why they voted for it:

Obama's recent statement argued that, "Given the legitimate threats we face, providing effective intelligence collection tools with appropriate safeguards is too important to delay. So I support the compromise, but do so with a firm pledge that as president, I will carefully monitor the program."

Source

Let's look at this.

Error in logic #1: You are not the President yet, you still have an election to win before you have the opportunity to become President.
Error in logic #2: By passing this bill BEFORE you are President, you're allowing one of the most Constitutionally damaging Presidents, to have 6 months to develop a foundation for how the new spying powers will be used.
Error in logic #3: YOU MIGHT LOSE THE ELECTION, thus entrusting John McCain with ridiculous unConstitutional powers.
Error in logic #4: There is already something which is meant to protect Americans from unnecessary surveillance, it's call The Constitution.

I was trying to find the good in Obama (my parents and some friends supported him)... but the vote and statement to follow are just so utterly empty minded that it repels me to even see him on television.

Since Ron Paul dropped out, I've been looking for a candidate to support of the three that are left...
Is this the best we can do, America?

[edit on 7/16/08 by Angry Danish]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I wish I could demand that we the Americans take a stand and DO NOT VOTE period.

Ron Paul is the only one that will make this right.

WAKE UP PEOPLE OPEN THOSE EYES

what a sad world we are leaving our children and grandchildren. They will soon be racist if they do not eat bugs or spicy foods. Oh My

Obama, why don't you tell us what you really want in this Country

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angry Danish
Since Ron Paul dropped out, I've been looking for a candidate to support of the three that are left.
[edit on 7/16/08 by Angry Danish]

I think the media has already decided that there will only be 2 canidates. They always narrow it down to the 2 parties for us.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Please, explain to me exactly how a "Constitutional Law Professor"

He was never a 'constitutional law professor'. He was just a guest lecturer.
He likes to claim the 'Constitutional Law Professor' title. But he wasn't one.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Angry Danish

My best guess is Obama made his decision based on speculation of a terrorist attack before the election. I’m not making excuses for him or saying any of this speculation suggests an actual attack is coming. I just think that if something happened that may have been prevented with the information gained from breaking the Fourth Amendment that whoever opposed FISA would be partially blamed. This would probably ruin his chances of becoming president. So you see he is just like any politician, focused on winning and politics more than people’s rights and protecting the constitution.

Good luck finding someone else to vote for, I doubt we’ll ever tear ourselves from this two-party strangle hold.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Obama is not the second coming of JFK and I doubt very much if he is in the same league as Bill Clinton. If he is a man of goodwill as he seems to be, if he is concerned about the average American as he seems to be, he is going to have to be one slippery SOB to slide anything past the oligarchs that they don't approve of first. There will be big trouble for him if he doesn't play his cards very, very shrewdly.

I think the jury is still out on his abilities.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

The Future of the HUMAN RACE

There is a spooky similarity between the election of Obama and Bush, there both dodgy, schemmeing Bstards, there both evil, there both participents in the N.W.O . Fact! Please America wake up too the road you are traveling, your not just talking a new President, Or a new regime. What your talking, and I assure you the NSA and CIA etc all have a GLOBAL plan set in place for 2015. is for a GLOBAL plan to control every aspect of your live`s from the moment your born onwards . You have only to look at the Global intelegence community`s plans for the future of a single Intel comunity(With a ,Look Once and find out) capability! Give it ten years, I promice you , If somethig is`nt done, they will have total control of your life, your free time , your money. Every phone call ,every text message , even your utility bills, even your food bills and what you wear! Help I would rather Be Dead, would`nt you!Text

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Error in logic #3: YOU MIGHT LOSE THE ELECTION, thus entrusting John McCain with ridiculous unConstitutional powers.

So, it's OK to entrust unConstitutional powers to Obama...but not to McCain. How about if we don't grant unConstitutional powers to anybody?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
McCain will *mostly* support the Constituion.

Obama will flat-out change it to support his Marxist taxation without representation.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
McCain will *mostly* support the Constituion.

Obama will flat-out change it to support his Marxist taxation without representation.

What leads you to this conclusion?

There is no evidence that Obama is a communist.

There is no evidence that McCain will support the constitution any more than his Republican friends have not supported it. Unless you are taking him at his word, something no one should be doing in regards to each candidate. People took Bush at his word, and look where that got us.

Although I'll be the first to admit Obama's misleading platform looks a hell of a lot more like Bush's than McCain's does.

top topics

join