It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012, end of the world, what would you do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I enjoy reading the apocolypictic views about the end of the world and how its going to happen in 2012.
Now forgive me if it's been posted before but it got me thinking after reading various views the different Governments are making bases underground and planning for the worst cast scenario , Making seedbanks and gene banks, getting the brightest scientific minds ready incase, the world government heads.
I think if the case was to arise who would be left behind ,apart from Joe public, I think accountants and lawyers, as if Humanity does survive in some form there'l;l be no economy to speak off and very little lawkeepers.
But I was thinking, would you want to know?
My life like a lot of other people is pretty unremarkable, My job is ok , paid well for what I actually do ( not a lot, ) I have a wife but no kids. A house , a mtorcycle , a few prized possessions , and a Mother , Father, Brother Etc.
Would you want the Government of your country to tell you that the world will end on (insert date) . Or would you prefer to blissfully be unaware until the last possible minute?
If you want to flame go ahead I don't care but my question is just that, It's not an argument about the end of days , nothing religeous or righteous. just a question. so please anser it like mine so I dont have to spend time hunting for your answers...
I would ...
A) Like to be told - so I can make my peace with my family and friends
B) if its far enough ahead say a year off, I'd give up work seeing as there's no point to it anymore and live my life to the best I can.

[edit on 16/7/2008 by DataWraith]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

i would do nothing because i would be dead, but i do believe about the 2012 ending, so i will prepare in the best way that i can and it just sucks knowing that my life was just a waste dying at such a young age in 2012. have a good one!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Make a few cave drawings, so the next group in a few thousand years can talk about how smart I was for making such a perfect use of my surroundings to survive and maybe I'll draw the planets with a couple extras just to get them debating.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I'm going to jump into my Merkaba and fly off into the internal universe

And I think 2012 is a new begining,back to zero time. Not the end. As we go into the photon belt and complete our 26000 year cycle,human consiousness becomes one. We'll realise what we've forgotten over the years,and we are all as one.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Imagining the world ends in 2012, I think dying is probably high on my list of likely things to happen. Imagining that it doesn't, eh, living will probably be there instead.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well, i personally think 2012 will be like a new beginning. Perhaps contact with alien life, or some revolutionary change.

If in fact it was to be doomsday, I would prefer not to be told beforehand. Chaos would reign. Nobody would go to work, crime would spread since there would be little consequence. It would suck.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I'd grab the nearest lazyboy, drag it out to the middle of the street, and watch it all come to one well orchestrated end. I'm too awesome to be scared aboutt he end of the world

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
If it truly ends let it end. I know when the fog is lifted and the world is turning man will still rise. I love life and all it has given me. I know god and I know god wouldnt take away his children. There may be a disaster but in all I have a lot more to live for then "PREPARING" for 2012. I would rather watch my daughter grow.

join